Metr Pro Updates

ah okay, thank you for clarification

Interesting, please send log file (Metr app -> Settings -> Show Logs) to support@metr.at

@Toleg @jack.luis it’s hard to invest time in Android Wear when developers slowly give up on it, dropping support in their apps, no news from Google, no new hardware, no updates for Wear OS. But I will see what I can do.

1 Like

Any update on the Metr Pro Unity w/ external antenna sir?

1 Like

It actually started working, but I cannot get it to read the vesc settings in expert mode now. Could this possibly be because I plugged it in incorrectly since the connectors for the metr are one pin less than the vesc.

You have very good points and I agree with all of them.

Just keep in mind the type of person that would own and use an Android Wear device.

Now think of the type of person that would purchase your product.

A lot of overlap there.

Thank you for your reply, I love my Metr :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new Metr Pro firmware update is coming out with Read-only feature. In this mode only following commands are allowed:

COMM_FW_VERSION
COMM_GET_VALUES
COMM_GET_MCCONF
COMM_GET_MCCONF_DEFAULT
COMM_GET_APPCONF
COMM_GET_APPCONF_DEFAULT
COMM_TERMINAL_CMD
COMM_GET_DECODED_PPM
COMM_GET_DECODED_ADC
COMM_GET_DECODED_CHUK
COMM_GET_BMS_CELLS
COMM_PING_CAN

This also includes CAN commands. All other commands will be discarded ant not sent to VESC. It will effectively make UART communication read-only. Not only with Metr app, but also for all other apps that communicate via bluetooth.

This feature is an extra barrier to prevent user errors. It is easy to toggle read-only on and off from the metr app.

Other news:

• Latest VESC FW 3.59 and 3.60 are supported now
  • Startup Mode feature was removed (caused a lot of user error)
  • Duty cycle during motor detection was increased to 0.15
11 Likes

Any update on the Metr Pro Unity w/ external antenna sir?

Finally no one can tap into my unity BT

@rpasichnyk I’ve been using my METR on all my longish rides but on short rides I never open the app, is there a way to make the module record even when not paired and then sync when you open the app? Maybe half my miles are unlogged rn

3 Likes

Sounds hard to accomplish considering how the module works. Heck. One could ask for GPS tracking too. :slight_smile: Just need to understand: it’s a module that literally has a limited size of EEPROM memory to save startup mode (not feasible anymore with the latest update) and that’s it. It’s literally a relay of data between VESC and your phone. :slight_smile:

and your phone is what does the GPS logging

The same for me, I’ve said before, but I would love a Metr that has all in it, probably a SD card to store records, GPS and all, the app being only when you want to check

3 Likes

Honestly all I want is the screen that says total miles/consumption/efficiency/time that you get them you click the + on the real time screen…mostly to track total range and energy use. All of that is tracked via the module itself and the hard drive space to record it is trivial (it’s just 4 float values I think, since rates and efficiency are calculated)

1 Like

You’d still need a MCU to have code running for it. Only @rpasichnyk can tell us more. I don’t think it’s feasible. Even if it’s several floats, what meaning they have if the module is a pass-through, not a MCU driven one?

1 Like

Maybe a v2 module will have it, which would be awesome

1 Like

Yes, I would order GPS tracking with a SIM for a V2. But that’s in our dreams until the devs make them real. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TBH I’d happily go without location data in ‘ofline’ mode to not deal with GPS in the module

1 Like

Metr Pro module IS a MCU.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but every Metr Pro module comes with its own 6 digit pin code. So other people can’t connect to your board without knowing this pin. When you are talking about them not being able to change important settings when they have access to your phone/computer or know the pin its true that read-only is an extra barrier.

Yes, I have some updates for you. :blush: Sorry that it took longer then expected. Have received the UNITY finally… Right now we sorted out an easy way for installing the external antenna cable with damaging the silicone case as less as possible. For the best and easiest assembly a small tube is necessary that we currently plan to ship with the orders when they are available in the store.
At the moment I can offer you sending a Metr Pro UNITY module with external antenna (small or large), custom made antenna cable (10cm, 15cm, 20cm or 30cm), but without a “helping-tube” so it is a bit more fiddly for you to assemble. PM us for details.

Here a picture what it looks like assembled and the different custom made antenna cable length.

4 Likes

Question. I’m running the metr.pro on the flipsky 6.6+ which has an 8 pin uart port. My metr has only seven pins. Everything functions except for my battery meter, this is in a state of constant fluctuation.

Is there an adapter I’m missing? Currently it’s plugged in to the pins 5v-adc2 should I move it up and run it 3v-adc3?