Metr Pro Updates

I will have a look, thanks!

2 Likes

I checked Wear OS watch today and it is working for me.

1. Make sure Metr app is installed on Wear OS and run it.
  2. Open Metr app on your phone, go to Settings ā†’ Miscellaneous and make sure Android Wear is enabled.
  3. Go to Realtime tab, long press to edit layout and click on watch icons to select cells to display.

Please try and report back.

5 Likes

@rpasichnyk

Thanks, everything is correctly set.

Watch shows ā€œRun metr on your phoneā€.

Of course Wear OS app on phone says Garret HR is connected to phone.

2 Likes

@DavidC @rpasichnyk

Watch shows ā€œRun metr on your phoneā€

I just wanted to second this issue. I canā€™t remember when it started but I have not had metr on WearOS for a bit now.

Phone: Google Pixel 2 XL
Watch: Fossil Gen 5
WearOS version: 2.23
Metr Version: 4.11.7

BIG EDIT: I fixed it! All I had to do was go to the realtime tab, edit layout and unselect the two data cells displayed to the watch and reselect them! Itā€™s always the simple thingsā€¦

4 Likes

THANKS IT WORKED FOR ME TOO! :grinning:

3 Likes

After the Metr shop went on vacation for the last weeks it is back again with a new web design and new items. :tada: You can check it out here: https://shop.metr.at

As a new module we are proud to present the Metr LTE, which is a LTE based GPS tracker with SIM card especially designed for ESK8. :world_map: You can read more about it here:

In addition we are now selling small parts like cables and antennas separate, like we were asked in the past. Shipping will happen with UPS and DHL Express from now on to allow faster shipping times and prevent the delay nightmare we faced in the beginning of this year.
Like most other electronic companies we are also influenced by the ongoing chip shortage and unfortunately had to increase our prices because of it. :slightly_frowning_face: Hopefully the prices for parts will go down in the near future, so we can also lower the Metr module prices again.

Please let us know any questions about the new Metr LTE in the dedicated thread or tell us about other items you want to see added to the new shop.

11 Likes

Is there a solution to this? I was trying to calibrate my remote and I couldnā€™t get it to keep the values. I am not sure what happened (user error I am sure), but now the metr will connect but not pair and my board is unresponsive.

@rpasichnyk. How do I get my board going again? Do I need to go into the vesc tool? My metr will connect but just says ā€œpairingā€ and will not pair anymore.

Try to force close Metr app and open it again. If it does not help, open system bluetooth settings and forget/remove Metr Pro from the list, then open Metr app again and go to Settings - Scan.

That didnā€™t do it. I force closed the app, then unpaired, and then unpaired and rebooted my phone but the app still gets stuck on the ā€œpairingā€

Can you please open Metr app ā†’ Settings ā†’ Show logs and send them to support@metr.at? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the logs!

1. Please update Metr Pro firmware (The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro)
  2. It looks like VESC does not have UART app enabled. Please connect with VESC Tool (USB) and make sure App is set to UART or PPM+UART

Any reason when I click my battery icon I donā€™t get my BMS information anymore? Seems weird.

Thanks, that worked. I must have changed it when I was trying to figure out my remote settings.

1 Like

iOS or Android? And what BMS do you have?

When you calibrate the remote does it automatically write the new values to the vesc? Along those same lines, do you record the ppm input in the values? My board has been anemic lately. I got a new Bruce housing for my remote and forgot to recalibrate. I just realized this on my last ride and that is where I got into trouble with the metr app. That is working now, but the board is still accelerating slow and wonā€™t climb hills like it used to. I havenā€™t intentionally made any other changes. My max current is around 20 amps and used to be over 40. The max setting is 60amps.

You need to click on ā€œWriteā€ after calibration.

Yes, both on the realtime screen and in the records.

Android and my BMS is the apex smart BMS

Iā€™d like some options to be a 2 liner for visibility purposes. With some options youā€™re not really able to see what you currently have selected.

4 Likes

or just have a slow scrolling text, or maybe just smaller font size

3 Likes