Metr Pro Updates

So it means turn off the remote as in turn off PWM?

Also when I try to make changes to the app settings, I get the last error mentioned.

It should only say that if you don’t change anything. Please send logs from Settings → Show Logs to support@metr.at

1 Like

It depends on the receiver, but many PPM/PWM receivers still output a “noise” even when not connected to a remote. I guess Metr detects that and doesn’t allow the discharge. Disabling the APP itself in the VESC means that there’s no more noise and discharge can proceed.

1 Like

Yea there is a tiny bit of noise coming through, like ± 0.3%.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the stormcore always reads -0.2% duty cycle. Not sure if this would affect anything.

Is it possibile to discharge the battery using the dedicated feature without the motor temp sensor (my motor)?

1 Like

@hexakopter @rpasichnyk
i tottally think this is user error and im just doing something stupid
however some help would be vastly appreciated as i really cant be bothered opening the enclosure to change this and this is my only telemetry at this point

Find log file for today (.txt) and send to support@metr.at, I will have a look

2 Likes

just sent and thanks so much
it may be i wired it wrong and will open the enclosure as i need to install a couple other pieces also

Have you ever seen 4x in the app? In the log file I can only see 2x VESC detected, at all times.

1 Like

yes but not today
i see it occasionly it comes up with quadro and all 4 values
i can send some older ones if you want

1 Like

Sure, send some older logs. But I think there is some issue with CAN wiring / setup. Check that CAN baud is the same, maybe disable CAN_STATUS messages

1 Like

sent 4 older ones where i have seen quadro on the app at least 2 or 3 times

could you help explain a little? i am wiring can just through a single wire from one spintend to the other. maybe i need a wire conencting all four together?
what should can baudrate be?

edit disabled can on both showing up and now i get realtime data but it still shows up as 3x 75/300
at least getting data now
can baudrate is at 500k
should that be different
also should can mode be vesc or uav can?

You can try and see if you are more lucky on 125k or 250k (must change on both units, then restart)

can mode should be vesc

1 Like

thanks will try just got quattro for a second however it doesnt show any real values for 2 of them it just says 0.0 for everything

Not sure but it might help disabling CAN status

1 Like

disabled
gonna go on the vesc app and do properly now
may be i have to connect all four via can rather then just 2

tried to change baudrates and now just showing up with one
went through all the different baudrates and they all just show up with one
gonna go and open the enclosure tomorrow and put in a 4 way can splitter and also install a davega
that way i can see if the davega is getting the same data and therefore i can narrow down where the fault is

1 Like

Someone please?

Not possible without temp sensors. There is a high risk of overheating the motors which can lead to demagnetization

5 Likes