Metr Pro Updates

Hey, I am on version 4.5.8 on android with 5.22 on the module. (no updates on the play store)

I have a DieBieMS hooked up and when I go to view the Expert->DBMS tab, nothing shows up. I was experiencing this with the 5.21(previous one) fw version as well. I can see/read/write to the VESC fine, just not my DieBieMS. TCP bridge allows communication to both the VESC and the DBMS tho.

I tried this on my friend’s iPhone and he was able to read/write/see the BMS. I can find out and edit in what version he was on in the morning, I just figured the ios app would be delayed behind the android because of apple’s longer process.

Let me know if you need logs or any more info! Thanks!

1 Like

Not quite haha. This is after the update you did on the 15th. Unless I need to go “beta” in the app store?

Same problem as before, I clicked on things for no apparent reason sometimes lol, just pay attention to the screen being split in two in when the phone is horizontal. Everything else works like a charm :grin:
metr (25.7 MB)

What version of the app do you have? (You can check in metr -> Settings -> Scroll down)

1 Like

Hah now I get an update on playstore. Sorry about that, I literally checked 4h ago on playstore and I was up to date.

Edit/ 4.5.18 works beautifully now, thank you Roman!!! :heart:

2 Likes

I know its out of nowhere but i gotta praise the connection the metr has.

Ever since i use metr i only had 1 disconnect and that was when i literally wasn’t even on my board because someone else was riding it way ahead of me. (we swapped boards)

Apart from that: not.a.single.cut.connection

6 Likes

agreed
i’ve been using it since I got the unity off @PixelatedPolyeurthan’s hand. didn’t even cut out once, i’ve had one time I left my board outside my house door and had to rush back to my room which has 3 walls in between (direct line of sight), still did not even cut out, and this is only with the pcb antenna :eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly. I also only have the pcb antenna. That thing is buried under cables and packed betweens vescs, enclosed in a box + me in the way, riding regular with the phone in my left pocket.

1 Like

I ride goofy and phone in my right pocket lol perfect signal

How do I get my METR app in black mode like that?

Update on my issue - it seems to be fixed by the latest Android update to v4.5.18

1 Like

I had big connection / timeout problems at the beginning with mine, but he fixed it with a firmware update so I’m not sure exactly what it was

Since then it’s been great. One of these days I’ll update my build thread lol it’s due for some info

2 Likes

Coming in the next update :slight_smile:

:battery: LLT BMS Support

Instructions on how to setup are here The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Thanks to @mackann for providing Ferrari board with the BMS, @janpom and @Cghelobubba for sharing the source code!

24 Likes

Do I see what I see?

Hell yeah I do see what I see. :smirk:

2 Likes

Wow, that was quick! That’s great.

2 Likes

Oh hell ya!!!

2 Likes

Awesome, finally a good app for this BMS! From the guide it sounds like I need a metr pro as well to get it to work tho? I can’t afford one right now :cry:

1 Like

Yayyy now I don’t have to open a separate app to check cell voltages

1 Like

nice. 2 questions.

1. will logged data use vesc voltage data or now use this data?

2. when can we get it :grin:

Cant with to set this up on my 18s stormcore test board.

3 Likes

The amounts of stuff and updates metr pro gets… Now I am really laughing when Trampa was saying that metr module was a totally unnecessary piece of electronics as they sell the nrf module that does the same… lol… metr is so much more better with so many things on top, hard to copare… Big respect Roman

16 Likes

Oh yeah no comparison between a standard bluetooth module and metr. The integration and tracking is next level. Besides with integration into the super popular LTT smart bms, why use any other app lol

1 Like