Metr Pro Updates

Tonight metr stopped all together mid ride. Turns out the connector came off the PCB but was held down by the heat shrink so the connection was intermittent.

I’m curious if you might find something similar on yours. Will find out tomorrow if it’s back to normal with the watch behavior as well.

6 Likes

With next update it will be possible to view records in the app exactly like in the browser. With maps, zoom and all other stuff :slight_smile: This does not upload record to the cloud, it is just a web view which displays local content.

It will be enabled by default, but you can disable it and use the old view in Settings -> Records

22 Likes

Nice! My browser is always full of uploads hahaha :joy:

2 Likes

Horray!!!

Due to an issue with my set up I’ve been investigating old logs of esc temps. I’m running two esc connected by CAN. I’ve had a high temp issue hidden by the metr logs. The metr is plugged into the slave esc due to the remote in the master. Apparently it’s set up to report the temp of the esc that it’s plugged into regardless of which one was higher. I had esc temps of 90-100C but metr was reporting max temps of low 70s. I only realized once an over temp fault was triggered. Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Thanks for listening.

3 Likes

you’re connected via can bus. you should have both temperatures available

2 Likes

I do have both temps. However the max temp reported is the slave esc. Even though the master was boiling. By investigating both temps it was obvious, but not so just looking at the general log.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this up! This is definitely something that can be improved. Max temp value should be taken from the VESC that was the hottest.

2 Likes

Summer is getting really hot! :fire: :fire_engine:

I reorganised stats area a little bit and added separate clickable items for max motor temperature and ESC temperature. Now it should also find maximum among all the motors/esc (can you please check @abusfullofnuns?)

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 23.37.23

11 Likes

@rpasichnyk

Looks good. Logs now have the correct max temp. Thanks a lot of responding so quick and making the change.

And it’s clickable! Thanks a lot.

5 Likes

Sorry, too impossibly high to read 1200+ posts, I bought it, shouldn’t it be plug and play?
Question a: Does this work with only Metr mobile app, or also the trammpa one?
Question b: I see it on the Bluetooth, but can’t connect to it, what’s the first thing to troubleshoot?

I have carbon deck+ carbon enclosure, my module has no antenna, at first I thought maybe this, but it also doesn’t connect with enclosure off.
I have it on the slave side on a F6.6 dual, anything I should do on the vesc tool maybe?

1 Like

You’re in the wrong thread. Look for definitive metr guide.

We’re all high. Not an excuse to not read.

2 Likes

yes

no

it is, I’d say?

don’t connect via the OS bluetooth, connect via the Metr app.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk I’ll have to take a closer look but the Watt value on Unity FW5.02 seems to be reporting a single side only. I have dual data and multiply data on (not really sure what the difference is to be honest) and although I have my setup for ~2500W the metr value would never surpass ~1100-1200W.

1 Like

minor bug to report with the updated web view: imperial still shows the wh/km lable.

3 Likes

Thanks, this should be fixed now!

3 Likes

The In-App webview seems to be buggy.

App freezes shortly after opening a record
The timeline won’t appear
I can’t exit the record
The whole “page” is zoomed in so i can’t even see the timeline.

video coming in a bit

3 Likes

I tried to fix it (v4.4.10 BETA)
Can you try if it works better now?

Will let you know once the play store lets me update

Got the update.

Now it loads faster into the record but then takes a bit to show up.

The timeline won’t appear - fixed

Can’t exit the record -hasn’t happened anymore so fixed (?)

The whole “page” is zoomed in so i can’t even see the timeline. - still happens

Record is black after entering for a few seconds - still loading i assume.

E: Closing and reopening a web view records several times fixes the “zoomed” view, but it recurs also.

Plus - Pressing back on my Navigation bar while in the settings still closed the app.

2 Likes