Metr LTE is here | GPS tracker with SIM card designed for ESK8

Where is the tracking? I’m not finding in app. Metr pro, stormcore 100d

This is heresy. Mini USB and USB-C both kick the shit out of Micro USB – the runt of the litter

2 Likes

You should see LTE icon in the bottom right. Do you have it?

If you have it, tracking should be available in Tracking tab and Account tab

Hmmmmmm, no, I definitely did not see that. I’ll check more tomorrow. Metr pro and OSRR remote are on a usplit

Metr pro
LTE gps
Stormcore 100D ii
Usplit
OSRR remote

1 Like

Please try without uSplit if you can.

Since Metr Pro is connected via UART and Metr LTE is connected via CAN bus, there is some trickery involved in order for them to communicate. uSplit might not be aware of that.

1 Like

Cool thank you! I’ll give it a try sometime this weekend and report back. :relaxed:

1 Like

Any idea when LTE version will be available in Serbia?

I would really like to try it here. What is the reason for metr lte to work only in specific countries?

Serbia does not have LTE-M coverage https://www.gsma.com/iot/mobile-iot-commercial-launches/

1 Like

connecting directly does detect the Metr LTE & GPS! GPS is green, LTE is red, with 1-3 bars. do i need to move the antenna?

So lemme get this straight, I already have a metr.pro UART, but I can’t just get the GPS module? I need to also get a metr CAN?

You need to wait until bars become green, 1-3 bars still okay. First time it might take a while. If it is stuck for half an hour, try power down the system and power on again.

With Metr Pro UART you are usually connected with your phone while recording. GPS location from your phone is used in this case so no external GPS module is needed.

1 Like

But I couldn’t still get and use the GPS module for anti-theft?

You can still get Metr LTE + GPS for it. It works with Metr Pro UART.

Hey, after several rides of more than 30 minutes some of them an hour and a half long, I’m still not getting green bars. Any further troubleshooting I can do? I do see that there’s an LTE firmware upgrade I’ll try applying that tonight and see if it helps but is there anything else I can do or should look at?

Please open Metr app → Settings → Show logs and send to support@metr.at

1 Like

I’ve never been able to get the throttle indicator to show anything, is there a trick to it? I’m using a UART remote (VX2)

GPS is plugged into the lte module yet says no gps plugged in… lmk how to fix

2 Likes

Got it working!

5 Likes

Can we change the sim card of these for it to work in my country?

1 Like

Add your country to your profile.

1 Like