Meepo v3 battery upgrade

Hi guys!

After 14 months owning boosted mini x I decided to purchase meepo v3 standard range as second board to my collection. I was looking around for some information about battery upgrade and need some advice. For start i would like to mention that I’m not after speed only stable performance same like boosted mini. Torque and brakes stable from 100% to 5% level of the battery.

1. Would I benefit buy one more meepo 25r 10s2p and connect it parallel in custom housing, charging individual battery pack with stock charger?

2. Other option is to order One extended range 40T 10s2p in place of standard pack?

3. I understand that both above scenarios range will increase but would eliminate battery sag?

Thank you for your time
Jasse

1 Like

I was in your situation 3 years ago with the terrible Samsung 22p batteries in the V1 meepo. I ended up making a 10s4p out of them with a custom enclosure and wired it up to charge from a single port through both BMS’s.

On the issue of battery sag, it is hard to say what behavior you are trying to eliminate but I do know that more cells means they will be drawing less amps per cell which will reduce the battery sag under load. The Samsung 40T batteries are more capable cells so you would have to look at some graphs to compare the sag. I recommend looking up Battery Mooch to get some good info.

The other issue is the low voltage cutoff or the point in which the ESC reduces amp draw to preserve the battery and get more range. A bigger battery (provided it is capable of the power output needed) will delay the onset of this point.

I hope this makes sense and happy to assist!

2 Likes

If you get creative you can fit 10s4p in the V3 enclosure, I have done this exact thing

10s4p with 30q cells will get you 3 times the range of the standard meepo battery pack

6 Likes

I should also say…those motors get pretty hot after 10-12 miles, with a high range pack, you would have to take a break to let the motors cool off if you plan to go on a long ride

1 Like

That’s dope! How are the cells arranged? Staggered? Orientation?

1 Like
2 Likes

Had to get pretty creative. New battery ends up being a bit too tall, so a slightly thicker gasket is required

1 Like

I have the same welder :wink: Thanks for the post link. Very creative indeed, love it!

1 Like

Lol, it worked well! However yeah with 100mm motors…they get sooooo hot on a long ride

2 Likes

Very creative! Unfortunately I don’t have tools to build own battery pack yet that’s why i went with prebuilt board.

My real word issue is that standard battery have quite drop in torque when levels go go down over 40%. While on boosted not such a issue i can manage my local hill easly with 10-20% battery left, where meepo slow down much(okay it’s hub vs belt) But biggest worries is on flat surface meepo fall a part with low battery. I usually ride in HI mode and LO/M breaks on 100mm setup, so is it extreme load from my side?

I would prefer 10miles range but zippy all the way :slight_smile: ESc swap i would like to leave for future because need to learn more.

So in my scenario we speaking about voltage sag or low cutoff from esc?

1 Like

What’s happening to you is voltage sag

2 Likes

Thank you all for help with my questions!

Best regards
J.

3 Likes

so polite… so nice… i think i like you…

3 Likes

Hi again,

Few questions about your build.
What kind of bms you use for above setup?
Is it charge only Connection or discharge aswell? on picture looks quite small for meepo enclosure.
I seen you was impressed about nese kit, did you complete some build? Longer term opinion?

Thanks!

1 Like

12? Since when does meepo support 12s? or did you upgrade to a vesc

1 Like

My bad its 10s

1 Like

I used a small bms that I bypassed the discharge on

1 Like

I did not complete the nese battery, got a spot welder and sold the nese kit

1 Like

@Skyart Did you happen to try 21700 cells when you did this?

1 Like

I dont think i tried 21700s