Meepo v3 battery upgrade

Damn, so no verification of whether this layout would work?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so

Maybe if you get creative and remove some of the enclosure internal plastic bits

2 Likes

I have the enclosure on hand but I was hoping you would know from the time you gutted the enclosure, Iā€™d hate to remove all the supports for it to not work, but thanks for taking a look I appreciate it!

1 Like

Last time I removed all the entarnal plastic it didnā€™t effect the integrity of the enclosureā€¦like at all. I think the internal plastic is more there to keep the battery from sliding around

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s good to hear

1 Like

Hi, you seem to really know your way around meepoā€™s. I was thinking of building my own meepo v3 battery from 21700 cells, 10s3p. As far as battery building im a complete novice, it should probably fit inside the regular enclosure if i cut away some of the plastic junk like you have done above. Can i ask which BMSā€™s you use, or similar ones (Iā€™m in the UK), and Iā€™m wondering if everything on the board works normally with custom batteries, ie regen braking, battery % indicator. Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tried to fit 10s3p into a meepo enclosure, but if 10s4p 18650 fits with a bit of a gasket, 21700s should also. I would recomend using a daly 10s bms and bypassing it for charge only. Everything else, as long as you wire it up correctly will work as it is intended too.

2 Likes

Triple stack 21700ā€™s would be thiccccc. I use an extra 5mm of foam on a normal 10S2P double stack with 21700ā€™s already to keep things from getting to compressed w/o padding.

1 Like

brilliant, thank you

I was thinking of cutting away all of the excess plastic so hopefully that would make room for an extra 10 cells, do you think i could get away with it without triple stacking?

whatā€™s the advantage of bypassing the bms for discharge, doesnt it offer more protection if not bypassed?

You could make it possible. If you cut out all the internal supports, built the pack staggered, and used a thick spacer. But itā€™s not going to be ideal. This enclosure will fit 10S3P 21700 fairy well, although also a little shallow for 21700 stacked