Meepo & Newbee cloning SRB trucks. Same company? (update: answer is no)

How does $300-$350 sound for 3-link trucks made in the US sound? Who would be interested?

6 Likes

Not talking about the meepo patent, screw that. But the newbee 3 links? They look interesting.

4 Likes

What type?

1 Like

I think this is the key thing here.

Although I’m new to the DIY esk8 space here and my opinion may not hold much weight, I think the price of Stooge’s offering is way above accessible for most people. I appreciate that these are well engineered and designed for high end systems, and meet that target market well. But for anyone on a lower budget interested in trying out 3 links AFAIK there are no other options.

I was considering designing and manufacturing my own personal set at some point for a fraction of the cost just to experiment but if they’re going to be mass manufactured I’d be happy to buy from the competition.

2 Likes

We finally have options! Moe’s trucks are great, but it’s so ugly! He’ll always be the OG of 3link, but you’re telling me he didn’t see this coming?

2 Likes

Yeah, those nose pieces are garbage I’ll give you that. It should be part of the cnc’d baseplate.
I got rid of mine long time ago. I have hit curbs twice over 30mph and once at 37, surprisingly no issues.

Nothing against you, but you seem to be a lonewolf with most these issues, at least with the HD version.
Everything will have outliers but they dont speak for the overall consensus.
While the puck is a fine remote, I personally know a single soul who has had 4 bad pots, some folks just be unlucky unfortunately. Although that is much less of an outlier than your 3link woes…

Case in point:

Chris destroys everything(!), destroyed the OG links, yet HDs are holding up for him, off road too boot.

5 Likes

Are there royalties given to LaCroix by Acedeck?

7 Likes

IMG_20230728_081633_213

2 Likes

lol. Should revise that to credit instead of royalties. Royalties admittedly doesn’t make sense.

Change made and what I think is a good course of action to give respect and credit.

4 Likes

Probably not, probably should be.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2022

Zero respect until that happens?

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t respect them if they launch the product and don’t acknowledge the inspiration behind it.

As I wrote I personally, not that my opinion even matters, don’t see a problem with other brand 3links but would like to see credit given where credit is due.

Like sampling music, give credit.

Oh if you’re talking about Acedeck and the NYX trucks compared to lacroix. I agree there too. I told them that they should have not have chosen the exact same color way as lacroix, which to me is the biggest similarity. Maybe the skeltonized ness of them also.

If we’re talking the functionality of channels then both should probably be giving credit to mbs. Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t honestly know who invented channels.

1 Like

Topic is marked SERIOUS. Keep it on topic.

1 Like

Your content on it made no mention of it at all, and the catalog of Acedeck reviews don’t mention it.

Following that, a public outcry of “no respect” regarding trucks that are visually much farther removed than Acedeck trucks are of Hypertrucks, it seems very selective, self-serving, and silly.

4 Likes

You’re right, I should have called out the aesthetic similarities in my review. I do my best to be honest and feel I keep it pretty unbiased. I guess I felt a aesthetic similarity like the color way of the truck wasn’t a big enough issue to make a big deal about when the boards were pretty far apart past that.

My latest review of the nomad imo came out not so positive for them and I published it. Follow up video fixed the issues and I addressed that as well.

I’ll do better about that in the future, appreciate the critique honestly. Live and learn.

5 Likes

yeah but that’s because all RKP truck bushings are universal (minus the tall vs short bushings and shims), 3 links have a very unique bushing shape

You can’t see the design of the newbee well enough to confirm of deny this :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Storm in a tea cup.

Dkp is used by how many different vendors?
Rkp? Tpk, Channels? (I didn’t see anyone carrying on when onsra released theirs) and now 3 link. It was always going to happen at some point.

1 Like