Meepo Hurricane Ultra Discussion

Yeah, its a very unique problem to solve, and not easy.

1 Like

I’m sure you could.

1 Like

Kinda easy actually…. Actual funds to get it done, another story.

1 Like

Yes. Thorne for me

2 Likes

Most tubeless bike tires can use tubes. It more so depends on your rim setup. So if you do get a puncture flat that is too large you just put a in tube. It is an awful mess to deal with because of tire sealant but does work in many cases.

While anecdotal every single tube i’ve lost in E skate has been pinch flats or friction on the tube.

1 Like

Also not a perfect setting but Will It Seal? | How Good Are Tubeless Tyres At Preventing Punctures? - YouTube if you wanna see some reliability of tubeless bike tires.

Like said above they aren’t perfect system. Certainly trade offs it really depends on your use case and environment you ride in.

1 Like

I think we could see big benefits in a 8 or 9 inch tubeless tire for offroading

2 Likes

100% agree. You can run lower pressures for better grip and not worry about pinch flats.

1 Like

$$ to produce.

3 Likes

Staples. I hate staples.

I got 2 staples in my tire 2 weeks ago which caused me to miss my train. Hate to see it.

Actually, I have been having good results with putting some tire sealant in my tubes. I have been using Flatout with pretty good results. If you get the right version, it has a little tool to remove the valve. The whole process for 4 tires takes less than 10min.

I think tubeless is probably going to be the future for pneumatic tires in ESK8. So is gear drive.

The issues are the precision and quality control needed for parts/systems to work properly and consistently. I don’t think ESK8 as an industry is there yet. It may be there soon.

1 Like

Over 2000+ miles on pneumatics in the last year I’ve gotten in between 8-10 pieces of metal that have pierced my tubes. The big(ish) city streets can be rough and littered with debris
Enough that I’m bout done with pneumatics for now.

3 Likes

Ever try a sealant?

Another reason I stick with 6" pneumatics like Hota and BKB is you can ride them flat as long as you take it easy. Good enough to get you home in a pinch. Also, the spare wheel I carry is not too bulky.

1 Like

Agreed in a pinch you could ride home on BKBs for sure due to the stiff sidewalls. Hell I carved on the BKBs for 8 miles knowing something was off but not off enough lol

1 Like

Get some bead locks on BKB tires, then you could probably ride with holes drilled into them :rofl:

2 Likes

Done the same thing. You feel something is a bit off but not sure what. The stiff sidewalls on the BKB are one of the reasons I like them. You don’t have to worry about some really bad happening when you get a flat. Can’t say that about 200mm tires.

Lol yeah it’s great, I was like hmm acceleration seems off, meh. Definitely does take some of the worries away. It’s like cushcore for MTBs

I’ll keep these ideas in mind as I start testing. I’m motivated to ride this as much as possible over the next week, and focus on it.

After I’ve shot all the footage I need, I’ll be testing the tires with sealant as well after I do a breakdown.

3 Likes