Meepo Hurricane Ultra Discussion

Same as with this tubeless wheel? Can you explain further, please?

I just mean, there aren’t many wheel/tire combos that are able to be this balanced out of the box

I just mean, there aren’t many wheel/tire combos that are able to be tubeless out of the box

Running over a nail is a cheaper and more portable fix on a tube’d wheel than doing the same on this tubeless tire.

It’s cool, It really is. But there are pros and cons to both methods.

They’re certainly cool. I’m glad to have them here, I’ll have to test them by stabbing them with an ice pick.

2 Likes

yeah true, as far as I know it’s most common in road / mountain biking.

For this tubeless a repair in the field would be incredibly annoying unless your slime is able to fill it well enough.

I’d probably be more inclined to carry an entire additional wheel to avoid trying to switch a tire in the field

I don’t ride in fields, I’m not a cornfield rider.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I like to do as well. Very convenient.

1 Like

Maybe you should try it out, cronfield fun

1 Like

Yes that’s great, but what’s the min PSI you can run those at?

Good question, I’ve accidentally ridden them with no air for like 2 miles before I even noticed. Never did a full test.

I do realize this is off-topic and I should probably just go make a thread for these. Or just move this convo to the UAV thread.

2 Likes

Probably a little bit off topic but still a valid point to bring up

1 Like

I’m wondering if the majority of flats are due to actual puncher past the tire and into the tube, or the combination of rim+tube+tire interface……?

All of mine have been due to punctures. There was a series of flats that was caused by BKB tubes that were not associated with punctures.

Same.

Same.

Obviously the solution is to stick to thane

My latest flat would not have been possible with a tubeless tire, a small pebble got between the tube and the tire inside, and ripped a hole in the tube due to being wedged between the tire and tube

In this circumstance I was probably at 30 psi or so, nice offroad comfortable pressure.

Another frequent puncture that I’ve heard of is a pinch puncture where on hard carving, the tube deflects a lot and gets pinched between the rim and tire.

I do think both of mine could have been avoided if it was tubeless.

2 Likes

So, punctures into the tire that actually penetrated the tire, and into actual tube itself?

I’ve heard that tire slime can sometimes auto-repair tiny punctures from thorns and stuff in tubeless tires

I wonder if that would be the case here - and then spurring off that, I wonder if you could use plugs to repair these tires

1 Like

The pebble thing is unfortunate, Ill start watching for that when switching tubes.

As for this

This shouldn’t happen on a properly fitted tire IMO

1 Like

I guess not but skateboarding is a pretty unique movement so we are probably experiencing these issues for the first time in tires of this size

No excuse for issues like valve stems ripping off like on the BKB tires. I’ve never blown a 6 inch tire except for those