Meepo Hurricane Discussion

naa, it’ll be around 60 buckaroos I 'm guessing, we’ll see! He’ll probably bill me the bare minimum, just the material. 1mm fins, 2mm space, yeah.

1 Like

I wanted to CNC one of those also, long story short, it ain’t worth it. I would have payed 200+$

4 Likes

but why don’t we just pull boards by the front truck :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Because there is a chance that you damage the back when you drag it a bit to high. The back has everything sticking out where ad the front doesnt

3 Likes

okay unless you’re 6"7 I don’t see how this would affect someone on pneumatics

on street wheels, maybe, but that’s what the motor bash guard is for…

1 Like

@quest32 made good points, alongs with RTS can sometimes be triggered by rolling from the front truck.
I’m of the crowd that gives no fucks where/how other people pull their board around

2 Likes

@Stealther I do what feels comfortable. Never lifted board to move from front trucks because it’s not comfortable.

I think that handle is ginormous

But I do agree - I have to pull my DIY street build by the rear otherwise the motor mounts drag on the ground, my ownboard does the same

My MTB I usually pull by the front tho

Safe to buy a meepoo hurricane? I see some issues with old stock, and batteries.
I see they dropped it from 1599 to 1499 this week.

“Expect arrangements of either 175mm Wheels + Samsung 40T OR 155mm Wheels + Molicel P42A”

Should I wait for thr BF 2022 sale?

Worried ill get an old stock on a sale price.

Maybe ask them by mail if you can get either the Molicel or Samsung one, not one by random. If so, then I think it’s a fair price. About old stock I’m not sure, could be :/.

2 Likes

I just got the ZMote remote yesterday and the board now works! I have an issue with the remote loosing connection, but I think this is because of a bad extension cable between receiver and Stormcore. I will try to replace it with jumper wires today.

It’s still a WIP, need to make it a tad nicer, still waiting for the CNCd heatsink. In the meantime I glued on some Amazon sourced heatsinks (probably meant for M2 SSDs) with thermal pad stickers. Temps right now are a non-issue, but I have probably pushed the board only to 50% of it’s capability. I have set 75A max battery current and 50A max breaking current. If I’m not wrong, this means a total of 150A from battery. Motors are at 85A right now. The power is there, but there’s no immediate kick in acceleration, which I expected; instead, it accelerates gradually, smoothly, easy to control even when laying down full throttle. Tried ramp up time 0.0s and didn’t notice much of a difference. Gearing is 15/36 on 105mm wheels, so top speed should be 55-60km/h with 190KV motors.

I had to cut a much deeper groove into the stock Hurricane aluminum part holding the charging port and switch, to accommodate the thicker wires from the Flipsky 6374. Well I got tired of dealing with that and just cut it in half, so I could assemble and ride the thing (I have another spare one where I can try again). Another issue is also the Stormcore switch is larger and doesn’t fit the aluminum holder without redrilling. Or one could use the Hurricane switch, but would need to swap the JST PH 3pin to a 5pin connector. The Stormcore one has RGB lighting and thus needs more wires.

So this is a temporary, non waterproof build right now. All in all, I like it, looks really cool and hacky :sunglasses:

PS: I’ll take some more pics in a couple hours as I need to open it up to try and fix the remote cutouts issue with the extension cable.

But isnt there lots of reported problems on 155mm wheels too? I could chsnge them out though.

Yeah wheels are kinda bad, wear relatively quick, unbalanced. I’d buy another set if I were you. These HOTA are the best of the HOTA options I believe. Hota 6 inches All Terrain Wheels and Kits – Boneeboard

I’d use the stock Hurricane wheels on the front only, so they wear less and use these on the back.

1 Like

Nice work. How is the fit within? Very curious to see that.
I was thinking to make a flat plate between the stormcore and the meepo coolingplate to make a perfect fit but…that depends on how much space there is before hitting the topplate.

As for the receiver im thinking of placing that between the anti sinkplate as the top of the meepo is feom carbonfiber

1 Like

Adding another layer between the stock plate and Stormcore? Already with the stock one there’s little space left. I took some pics and measurements now so you get the idea. I have it bolted straight to the deck now, nothing inbetween.

The stock heatsink sits up to the battery and prevents her from moving so one has to pad the sides well to make it not slide back/forward. Or some other way of keeping it in place. Mine looks fine atm, I can’t manage to slide it by hand. Will check a couple more times though, as the foam compresses with time.

4 Likes

Much appreciated bro
I had some other ideas but qithout the stormcore in place just assumptions.
Thanks again

1 Like

Once I get the heatsink(if it turns out to be good!) I’ll ask what the price would be if I had 5 or 10 made, preferably thicker fins, so less cutting time. Doesn’t waste any space inside and cooling *should be really good.

I wonder if the hole which houses the coolingplate can be made wider. By doing so a heatsink could be made where the stormcore lies in. In that case it lower but still protected and creating more space above.

1 Like

I think it can be widened without compromising anything. But already with it sitting flush with the bottom of the enclosure there is enough space to have 12 awg wires on top without squishing them.

2 Likes