Meepo Hurricane Discussion

Nice, so it’s basically a lottery…you get a decent pack, but never know…I know about Mooch’s testing…been following for a while…also an area of interest as I am an electrical engineer…

Will definitely think twice on my next eskate buy…I wonder if the new Hurricane is coming with the new wonder cells from the nr. 1 cell manufacturer :nerd_face::zap::smiley::muscle::zap:

Or on the other side I am leaning to gear drives a bit…:face_with_monocle::zap::v:

1 Like

Orrrr you could build a DIY lol

4 Likes

Yeah :love_you_gesture: I guess I didn’t put it out there clearly enough…am thinking on a diy with gear drives :zap::muscle::+1:

1 Like

thinking of picking up the hurricane, initially, i was thinking of putting a stormcore in there, is there a power gain from doing this? Any other swaps that are worth doing?

There is always something to gain if u do a vesc swap on small EV, be it more control over current amps, throttle curve, or even ability to log ur ride. Is it necessary? Not really, but they r nice to have.

Possibly, but that’s up to ur preference after u ride the board as is, and then change things that u don’t quite like.

Have you guys seen that Meepo is selling a 100A ESC for the Hurricane on their site? Thoughts?

3 Likes

Wow! Speed mode 4 is already too much!

1 Like

This is how new ESC for hurricane look like:

I have no idea if it’s 100A or 70A but it’s quite different that stock one in mine board.

7 Likes

Interesting, looks more robustly built than other chinese esc’s I’ve seen

3 Likes

it has to be the 100a version, i have the 70a version and there is no screw

With phase wires finally thicker than human hair.

4 Likes

i bet it is still that thin, but now it’s easily replaceable

2 Likes

Can one of you please just comment that the 100A ESC will most likely be close to overkill for the Hurricane, so my desire to just buy+try will be triggered even more??

1 Like

100A is way too much, I wouldn’t get it! Not even thinking about it! I don’t have it in the cart!

1 Like

Be assured, you are not alone my friend. This is nothing to look at, or to talk about. This is wrong beginning with the amount of digits before the ‘A’ already. Must be a mistake. Go on, nothing to see here.

1 Like

I wonder it that means 50 amps per motor.

1 Like

yeah same. I wonder how it compares to the vesc based stuff and it’s settings. The boards I have tried are not really close, maybe at the very low end.

Bet on it.

Potato quality screenshots of the Meepo stream where Kieran (briefly) discussed the upcoming Hurricane Bamboo. He showed a prototype battery on a PCB, it looked to be semi-flexible and said it would be in some kind of plastic enclosure rather than the rigid one of the hurricane. He also mentioned how the bamboo would be notably cheaper than the OG Hurricane, and that they were considering using cells from a manufacturer other than Molicel to further reduce cost. He mentioned “top Chinese manufacturers” as the alternative

7 Likes

“Manufacturers”? More than one?
Hopefully Lishen, BAK, or another good brand and the right cells for the current being drawn from them.

Most won’t give P42A-level performance but IMO if the cells aren’t being run really hard then the difference doesn’t have to be big. For most the difference might not even be noticeable (if not stressing the cells).

6 Likes