Meepo Hurricane Discussion

Evan…

1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Did you get that job/internship at Meepo?

Dirty leaker.

2 Likes

I didn’t say nuthin

3 Likes

The battery in the hurricane was built to the bare minimum requirements for its specific use case. It has nearly zero tolerance for flex. Keep that in mind.

1 Like

Yep. Just like the deck I’m using right now has 0 flex. Also, the battery can be put in an enclosure that has some tiny tolerance itself. Obviously i would never put it under a deck that would be flexy enough to bend or impact the battery itself.

But thanks to @Evwan, I can forget about this project haha

1 Like

Deck flex or no flex. I sometimes wonder which is better for regular road riding.

Maybe decks will incorporate vibration dampening in the future.

If all roads were perfect, no flex. But having gone back and forth for years between flex in various amounts and rigid, I definitely prefer some flex.

1 Like

I’m innocent i swear. it was the dog!

1 Like

I noticed that the charging port module is a bit loose, so I was worried that water could get in from there.

What do you think guys?

Hey there…reading trough the thread here. Owner of the og Zeus and I was wondering If someone here opened the battery pack on the og zeus?

If I can remember right Ob never and nowhere officially stated that there were the Panasonic ncr21700t cells in their packs…they only stated 21700 type in the specs.

The Panasonics aka Tesla cells were only mentioned in some yt reviews but not confirmed in any official means.

I was/still am wondering if there are even the Panasonics in there…if there are not some weaker low grade cells in there and it was the pack that was the limitation and thus the poor acceleration/braking issues with the og Zeus and not the ESC as it was rambled all over social media…

I mean a bunch of battery pack replacements would be a much larger/expensive problem for a company than a bunch of new ESC replacements right?

Just my thoughts(that actually also probably got me banned on one of the social platforms)…

Any thoughts on this…:v:

The poor brakes are the fault of the esc IIRC ownboard sells the improved esc for you to upgrade the regular Zeus with better brakes and whatnot.

The battery is built well in the og Zeus.

Hey I see you say in the og Zeus’s battery pack it’s supposed to be the Samsung 48G cells? That would explain a lot about the weak acceleration and braking…and why ob was so relentless on sending out new ESC’S(they probably wouldn’t help), but a better battery pack would wich they didn’t want the users to know…my thoughts

1 Like

I know about the new ESC, ordered one…but still I wonder…I have seen a post about Samsung 48g cells being in there…thoose have a 10A max continuous discharge limit…so if you want to keep them going healthy they need to be limited on 2/3 so about 7Amps…

If this is the case it explains a lot…

Nah they’re supposedly the Panasonic ncr21700t, also known as Tesla model 3 cells. The weak low end acceleration is also the fault of the esc.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I like the Zeus but can’t get around the fact about the Esc debacle…and the fact that I was banned from posting on one of the social media platforms and got no anwser why until exactly the day my warranty runs out. I understand, yes they are “Supposed” to be the Panasonics…but no one had physicaly confirmed that as of now…or not that I know of…

If the cells in there are any weaker(max continuous discharge) than the Panasonics and the new ESC is programmed for a higher discharge rate, that could be a plan for a pre-retirement of the battery pack)…

And since then most of the warranty periods are gone by then, no one(user) cares any more, but the company does(another pack sells)…

Just my thoughts, I am still riding the Zeus, although I had a chance to try out the Hurricane for a few minutes…
Was blown away…that thing rips vs the Zeus…

Yeah as Evan mentioned, salvaged Tesla 3 cells.

We swapped his esc for a stormcore and he was loving the boost in acceleration and braking but noticed the voltage sagging on hard accel almost immediately.

A new pack with a vesc would be the best bet for overall performance increase.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for chiming in…I know I am trashing the Hurricane thread with the Zeus stuff…got caried away…will stop with this post✌

The last day I got the first low battery at 25% full :face_with_monocle: nit strange…I would not expect it so soon.

So did you open the pack to check the cell manufacturer or is this info from the online channels…?

By salvaged you mean cells from used/crashed Tesla’s?(that would mean Ob sold something used(even if restored-something like that should be stated somewhere) in a new product?)

I

3 Likes