Meepo Hurricane Discussion

I know @findoutcustoms on Instagram made a deck extender for the prototipo deck for the same reason wheel bite with 3 links. Maybe he could make you a pair for your setup

photo

Thanks guys,
Wil be looking into that.

1 Like

Waterborne website has the deck extender bracket. Also if anyone is wondering waterborne surf adapter is compatible with Hurricane.

What kind of wheels are those ?

xcell tires

Now thats a proper setup u got there, a very nice lil track weapon or fast, short distance street board. Good shit M8

3 Likes

Better setup coming soon.
Savage1 tkp trucks
New gear ratio, better bushings.
Cant waitā€¦
Will post pictures whereā€¦
Hereā€™s a teaser for whats to come in a week or 2ā€¦

6 Likes

Will you let us know what youā€™re talking about when it releases?

That would be the P45B. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have had the P45B in testing for a while now (my patrons can see the ongoing test results) but I do not know when I will post the results publicly.

Search for my post on the P45B, it has a link to E-One Moliā€™s web site page for it. This cell is slated for release by the end of the year.

Sweet. Patreon link? Wonā€™t mind throwing some money to see it.

1 Like

Subbed but I just realized Iā€™m going to be charged again tomorrow lol. First of the month.

3 Likes

PM me your PayPal address and Iā€™ll refund this monthā€™s Patreon contribution. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I joined recently as well and have been very entertained watching the P45B coverage. Also had a bit of a giggle because asal means donkey in Irish

2 Likes

So, has anyone who, like me, isnā€™t a fan of carbon fibre decks, attemtped a conversion to a wooden deck? With the nicely boxed battery, making/finding an enclosure for it shouldnā€™t be too hard.

not really possible. Youā€™d need a new flexible battery. If you want a flexible hurricane, wait a bit

I mean on a fully rigid or rigidified wooden deck, of courseā€¦

Are you saying a meepo bamboo hurricane is on the way?

1 Like

Then you could just keep the hurricane deck and wrap it in wood vinyl.

2 Likes

Yeah was gonna say the same. @OlivierDud Whatā€™s the advantage of wood/disadvantage of carbon if youā€™re still going for fully rigid? I know theoretically RF blocking isnā€™t good for DIY but for a complete product thatā€™s designed around it itā€™s fine

1 Like

Iā€™m just part of the minority that doesnā€™t like carbon fibre decks in general. Not really because of comfort, since, as you pointed out yourself, there wouldnā€™t be much of a difference than with a fully rigid wooden deck.

But having owned both categories of boards (still to this day), I just ended up disliking the CF decks. Iā€™m not sure I could give you clear reasons that would convince you, but itā€™s mainly board feel, and a CF deck always feeling unnatural under my feet. A wooden deck, even as rigid as a CF deck, will still undeniably give a different board feel and ride, and handle vibrations and shocks differently. And, subjectively, it always feels extremely tacky to me. Iā€™m not sure weā€™d have so many of them on the market if Evolve didnā€™t start the trend years ago.

Also, a Unibody CF deck will, most of the time, have the battery latch at the top of the deck, under your feet. Even with great rubbering around the enclosure door, it still always feel dodgy when riding in dusty/wet conditions. Also damage to a wooden deck is not a big deal and easily replaceable at some point. On the other hand, impact or cracks on a CF deckā€¦

Iā€™m not trying to stand over a Lamborghini, just want to ride an overpowered longboard. Thatā€™s why I appreciate the premium brands like Lacroix and Flux for not going the unibody CF route.

But again, thatā€™s up to personal opinion.

And like I mentioned in this thread before, my plan was to get a hurricane, transfer the innards to a wood deck, and sell the CF deck. I was just hoping that since winter, some others have considered that, to see how well it went. And yes, I know, at this point, why not just DIY.

But if meepo is coming up with its own wooden hurricaneā€¦

:zipper_mouth_face: uhh

6 Likes