Meepo Hurricane Discussion

That dosen’t look right.

In the search bar type in

“BeltLength”-5m-15 for compatible belts. Super cheap.

We make kits for the Hurricane that include options and pivot cups…no S/S bushings in the kit however :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone check out the hurricane ultra yet? Thoughts? TKP carbon fiber/bamboo gear-drive board for $1600 seems like insane value (assuming the charger and anti-spark don’t catch fire)

1 Like
1 Like

Wrote up a summary of a bunch of stuff here:

1 Like

I made an adapter cable for a person that bought a heatsink from me, so he’s able to use a stock Hurricane battery and a Stormcore.

4 Likes
1 Like

Debating whether I should buy Onsra TKP trucks. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Its not an bad idea as they are cnc’d.

I thought your stormcore is backwards, Thats alot of extra cables and Phase wires interfering with power cables with Sensors/trancivers etc. the interferance inside the inclosure looks quite… intense.

It does look alright though why not run the VESC where the phase wires facing the motors (its almost like the builds that way because of the lentgh of the stormcore phase wires (which can be shorter)

1 Like

what brake light is that? also what handle is that? really cool, I may add to my build.

1 Like

I opted to turn it around because I wanted to run the wires along the sides, not on top. I donćt remember exactly how it looked but this orientation looked best to me. I had to extend the phase wires on the motor sides though, yeah… Not a great job of that, made them bulkier and stiff where I extended it. Worked great since I built it though. Almost 1000km, zero issues.

2 Likes

-The light is… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9S4T95L?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
-The handle I made a cad and 3d printed it.

2 Likes

Ever thought about selling the handles? I would be interested in one of those!

Some modifications will have to be made.

3 Likes

Had to grind down a bunch of material off. Will probably epoxy it or something so it’s not bare.

4 Likes

Belts are too short, ordered 375mm hopefully they will fit.

I recently acquired a second hand Hurricane and that’s exactly what I was planning to do (or something similar now that you confirmed that I will have to grind some deck material off to make it work), it was all about CNC hangers and 10mm axles for me, those standards are not easy to come by, thanks for the share !

The problem with 10mm axles is that bearings are not that popular. And the only bearings I found that where worth the price was the surf rodz ones.