Meepo Hurricane Discussion

I was reading through some of the earlier forum posts, did you ever get the rear truck swap to work too?

as long as u top mount it then yes, clearance is tigher, but its doable

1 Like

Also B-One eBoard sells their TKP trucks (labeled CKP Single Kingp Pin) and they’re designed for top mount boards unlike the Zeus’ drop through.

Do you think those would work better?

I don’t know about their tkp setup, but the height that zeus baseplate in top mount has this much space left

But one thing is, the zeus motor mount has 2 angle but meepo only got one, so I’m stuck with single position, nothing an aftermarket parts won’t fix

2 Likes

Any ideas on where to get different angles motor mounts or how to adjust the angle on the Meepo ones if possible?

Also here’s the link to the B-One CKP trucks:

When I asked B-One if it is be able to convert from DKP on other boards, all they had to say was that “It works.” Better than Ownbord outright telling me it wouldn’t when I asked them I guess.

ownboard sells a 2 position motor mount, @IDEA sells a multiple (i don’t know how many exactly) position mount:

they say this to get u to buy their stuff

ownboard is “lying”, but they can’t technically say another company stuff works because of liability issue

most chinese dkp hanger should be this dimension anyway

3 Likes

That’s right, my mounts allow you to change the tilt angle

2 Likes

Does you mounts work with the Flipsky dkp trucks? I have the 13.78” hangers and trying to see if the TKP baseplate with you mounts would work.

I have DKP Evolve trucks, Flipsky 12, flipsky 15.22 and 14 inch “unnamed” (probably from the same factory as the flipsky trucks), for all the above mentioned my mounts fit, but for 14 and 15,22 trucks I used additional 15mm spacer rings because without them the pulleys would not fit

I haven’t checked my 13.78 truck mounts but they should fit since the flipsky has the same mounting hole spacing.

3 Likes

Where can I go to purchase the motor mounts?

If you want to buy my parts you buy directly from me.
At the moment I do not have a website.

I have sent you a private message

2 Likes

lmfao what in the flying fuck is a CKP truck

I think they just meant TKP

So I received a Meepo Hurricaine about 2 weeks ago. Everything is pretty spot on with the board however I have noticed it can be difficult to slowly accelerate or cruise at a constant speed without having kind of a jerky acceleration. I’m assuming since the board just arrived it is the updated ESC. Is this just a Lingyi thing?

they updated it because the people complained previously of the lack of instand acceleration what Meepo/Lingyi is known for.

2 Likes

That’s pretty slick…you running 7 inch tires?
How do they feel on the trails?

1 Like
1 Like

To start, here’s some ‘background info’: I’m approx 230lbs (tho, working on losing weight, with a goal in the 180-195 range), more interested in “range” than “top speed” (ie. it’ll be ridden in one of the two lowest mode/speed settings)…and, for stability’s sake, I prefer TKP over DKP. As for terrain, I live in Silicon Valley, and the great majority of riding would be on streets, paved paths, and extremely-light (such as packed dirt) off-road. However, in regards to ‘streets’, our streets aren’t exactly super-smooth (tho, they have been improved over the past two years), which is why I’m running the 105mm CloudWheels (as opposed to the stock 97mm wheels) on my first board, a Backfire G2 Black 2020 (which makes for a great “short-range” board. Now, I’m looking for what will become my second board…but, I’m looking for something with a much longer range. I have no need (or funds) to spend $3K-6k on an ultra-range (ie. 60-100 miles) board, thus I’m looking in the $1400-1800 range. The boards I’m currently considering are the Meepo Hurricane, Ownboard Zeus, and Eovan GTS Carbon Super…but, I’m open to other suggestions.

To e honest, I’m not “leaning towards” any one (of these three) in particular, which is why I’m asking. I’ll assume that there’s probably no one individual who happens to have all the of these boards…but, if someone does, all the better. Using 105mm and/or 120mm CloudWheels as a “basis”, what is the max range (preferably on the two lowest speed/mode settings) obtained from these three boards? And, again, I am open to other suggestions (preferably, ones with good (preferably with USA-based) support).

1 Like

I am also interested in these boards, some points of interest, from the comparisons/comments that I’ve seen:

• the Eovan has higher low/mid end torque and the Meepo higher top-end torque. Zeus has far weaker torque at all points. For me low end torque is more useful
  • the Eovan has a VESC6 implementation, the Meepo a proprietary ESC. So Eovan wins at least in configurability
  • the Eovan uses cheaper Panasonic cells than Meepo’s Molicell. The Panasonics have a lower max discharge rate, but higher capacity. The Eovan will likely have a better range when not pushed hard and the Meepo will win when it’s more stressed. But I’d be surprised if it was by a large margin.
  • It seems to me all 3 boards would be good templates for future DIY upgrades. I haven’t really looked at Zeus much, but quality at least of the hurricane and the carbon super seems very similar -and impressive, we never used to have such a high quality at this price point. Zeus has very positive comments about its smooth riding feel and comfort but that’s a bit subjective

For me the Eovan seems the best value, though I am more interested in performance. I also have no idea about the local support of each company -it’s probably going to be a case of whether they have a warehouse to ship spare parts locally from, or they would ship from China. I wouldn’t i.e. expect any of them to actually accept boards locally and do repairs themselves but I might be wrong. Still repairs should be easy enough for this to not be a problem.

3 Likes

Meepo just stepped up their game.

7 Likes