Meepo Hurricane BMS alternative

My Hurricane BMS Was replaced with an LLT BMS by @A13XR3 i can grab pics if anyone wants em.

2 Likes

Wait, the hurricane runs on a lingyi esc? I thought it was a hobbywing for some reason. Lingyi’s are ass.

1 Like

Yeah Lingyi 70a

1 Like

Yes and no. After my BMS was changed and the discharge bypassed, my 100amp Lingyi ESC is quite smooth.

1 Like

Hi friend, I see that you are an experienced guy, let me ask you, my Hurricane only works with it plugged in, so Meepo told me that the problem was with the battery, so I bought a new one from them, it should arrive here at home tomorrow, you Do you think I should also change the Esc for a new one and the control? Is there any chance of the current esc that the meepo one has damaged the battery?

Hi there @Juniorsilva2 ,

Sounds like an over discharged battery to me. A too low voltage battery can’t break the esc, so no, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Hi, my Hurricane battery is at 47,1V fully charged (autonomy is reduced to somewhat 40/50%, board is charging in 1h instead of 2h30). It’s from the first batches (board 1376) but has less than 1000 miles/50 recharge cycles put on it, I’m :rage:

I’d like to open the pack to at least check voltage of the p group individually but I am not able to get to this point, there is a lot of glue in the aluminium casing and I am afraid of playing with knives inside or whatever to get rid of the glue, any tips would be greatly appreciated ?

One of the top 2 groups is dead

Edit: oh, didnt see the 49v at the bottom

I bought a new battery from meepo, but now that I’m going to modify the skateboard and use the cell phone ec dv6s sent my battery to skp to exchange the BMs for a smart BMS

1 Like

@everyone Could anyone here give my friend @Skyart a tip on how to open the meepo battery case please?

gotta cut the rubbery black caulk to separate the battery from the enclosure, then cut the black plastic battery housing. I used a straight razor to do this recently. work slowly, careful of wires. check for bms damage after this. @Skyart

@everyone could someone link the bms they used to replace the stock meepo bms. I’m looking at LLT or Daly rn.

yes please

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006355660259.html?pdp_npi=4%40dis!EUR!€%2034%2C47!€%2017%2C22!!!36.60!18.28!%402101efeb17069095497842035ef232!12000036883809161!sh!FR!0!&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allItems_or_groupList.new_all_items_2007615988040.1005006355660259

2 Likes

its true, my lingyi esc blew without discharge, jsut too many flowing amps

1 Like

Can someone confirm that bypassing discharge might be dangerous ? I just don’t see how it could blew ESC. ESC is programmed to take max amps and that’s is. BMS might have lower discharge limit but that would be stupid (but hey we are talking about meepo). Especially stupid because you can upgrade your ESC from 60amp to 100amp without touching BMS and BMS does not talk to ESC.

I’m asking because my board is not charging to 100% anymore. S series seems to be perfectly balanced but I still need to do full inspection. While I’m at it I plan to replace BMS the only question is keeping discharge or not.

The balance wires are the thinnest I ever seen they cheap out on everything in this board.

Did you proceed to change the BMS on your Meepo Hurricane with the one from JBD in the link ?

Could you please tell me if I got the wiring correct for a BMS bypass for discharge, I’d like to be 100% sure before going for it as I am just another noob trying to learn ?

I just replaced my BMS with the same that you got. You wiring is correct, ofc you remove old BMS completely.

I also put small pieces of fishpaper under each of black cell holder so it was not loose anywhere. You can also de-solder everything from end of negative side of battery, expose wire in this blue 12AWG, soldered it to all 4 tabs (or 2 like they did) and connect the end of the wire to negative battery connector. Tape positive side with something to not short anything. That’s what I did.

Meepo wire for charging port is super stiff, not silicon one.

Thanks a lot for your answer, I am not quite sure to understand the part “connect the end of the wire to negative battery connector”, are you talking of what I’ve called “negative discharge port” and if I use this blue cable for both connecting BMS B- to negative battery side and to negative discharge port, would it still be bypassed for discharge ? (I understood, to use at least 2 tabs to connect to the battery discharge port, will do it especially if it’s an added safety)