Meepo Hurricane BMS alternative

Can the enclosure be shut?

yup. A Daly BMS will fit much better tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that one of the new LLTs? I think they are slightly narrower

2 Likes

no that’s the old version. I have a few of them still.

2 Likes

:eyes: is that copper im seeing

Yes, but it’s only on the welded nickel strips on the ends of the battery. So basically it’s kinda useless

2 Likes

:expressionless: nevermind then, i thought they were doing something better to improve, guess i was wrong

@Simeon and me did a short test ride and the battery was out of balance right away. We disassembled the pack again and noticed a loose spot weld. The problem is that the spacers are slightly to lange for the cells and can move around. This puts additional stress on the spot welds.

10 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: How is stuff like that approved for production!
NVM…I know how…just hate seeing companies do it.

3 Likes

Thanks @Simeon and @Blise518B for taking care of the Hurricane, and for another nice ride. Was good to see the Hurricane outperformed by your boards, keen to see what the 100A ESC will do (as that is what Meepo is sending instead of a new battery, lol).

So again, thanks, can only recommend these guys (not the first to do that, I know) for anyone with battery issues or someone looking for a complete built in Germany.

Aloha

4 Likes

Whats the maximum charge rate on factory meepo hurricane battery/bms. Theres a 12 amp charger id like to try if its applicable!

i charged mine with 8a no issue, 12a is nearly double of what the original charger can do tho, how fast do u need to charge it at :joy:

Fully charged by the time i finish dinner at a restaurant would be nice :grinning:

1 Like

What 8a charger do you use?

1 Like

meepo 400W GAN POWAHHHH charger

I had no idea they made a charger like that thanks!

that charger is not worth the price, just sayin’. i paid 27 bucks for it, so i won’t complain about it too much, but i 100% would not buy it at its retail price

2 Likes

So I have the same issue with a hurricane. Pack chargers to 49.3v , groups are all 4.1v but when plugged into esc it won’t power up. Tried another battery and works fine. Guess a discharge fault with bms ? Is it worth getting one (if they will even send it) from meepo or just swap out for another?

1 Like

If you can get a free replacement battery that’s honestly great, but it would take a LOT of convincing for me to pay $700 for a battery that would cost about the same (maybe even less) from a more trustworthy builder on here.

2 Likes

Recently I had a friend completely replace the BMS with a Daly. The discharge was bypassed. It feels like a completely different board. The rough response of the Lingyi is gone. The Hurricane is now a dream to ride!

If you need a new battery, get a reliable maker in the states to make you one with a proper BMS and discharge bypassed. The BMS that Meepo uses on the older carbon Hurricane is garbage.

1 Like