Meepo Hurricane BMS alternative

As for loose cells, do not tell me about it, that’s the reason the board is off duty. When spot welding back the negative side of the 2 middle cells of a cell pack at the bottom, the nickel strip partly broke (due to too much pressure I guess), I spot welded it back in place, but I guess it is now a failure point, do you know if I can and should add another layer of nickel strip on top of that to secure it ?

As for the fish paper, is it is where you put it, in between each cell pack? I’m not sure to get it, but would sure like to make it as tight as possible.

Something like this:

You can also do this for positive. Try to do it to leave a little bit of space to solder balance wires.

I put fishpaper like on the picture. This type of connection is just by design in a lot more stress and putting fishpaper will only help a little bit. Vibration will hurt it the most probably. on the good side enclosure is stiff with foam.

I didn’t check what they used, if this is real nickel or not and how thick is it (probably 0.2?). I inspected all connection in my battery and fortunately everything was ok. TBO I’m not sure what can you do about this crack. Just put more welds (where you can, without stressing strip) and pray for it to hold.

if you decide it’s shit and breaks completely you can try to solder it (hard, you might put a lot of stress in other cell’s welds if you solder from downside and lift it)

you can also do patching work like this:

You cut old nickel in purple lines and prepare one nice piece of nickel (yellow). clear old welds with dremel (super carefully). Pretin connection edges, weld it, solder connection, be done. Not sure if it’s worth doing. Probably better to choose 0.15 nickel instead of 0.2 for it to have stronger solid welds and less stiff nickel.