MBNEF 43: Mostly But Not Entirely Flat deck

can confirm

10 Likes

Thrice confirm.

5 Likes

It’s definitely one of the options I’m considering.

16 Likes

Consider harder! >:(

14 Likes

Checking if all the telemetry gadgets fit in. Doesn’t seem too much of an issue. :slight_smile:

This will be the ultimate test board!

20 Likes

More progress. Getting there. There’s a lot of unused space. I could almost fit 12S4P but not quite. It would fit on the deck but not into the enclosure, at least not with the NESE modules.

5 Likes

Just now saw that you’re using @BigBen’s enclosure for this deck. Nice! Allow me to chime in. This is the max amount of cells you can pack. I did a 12s5p P42A pack with a unity/xenith. However you gotta arrange the p groups like so.

13 Likes

That’s good info, thank you! Nicely done.

3 Likes

What a beauty. Just everything is perfect. Makes me want to do something similar, especially for traveling

4 Likes

@janpom what are using to seal between the the deck and the printed riser?

1 Like

Gotta love me some CAD
(Crap Allover Daplace)

6 Likes

You should consider adding some of that gasket to the deck on the interior side of the threaded inserts. Right now it looks like your enclosure fasteners holes are a path for water ingress

The inserts don’t go all the way through the deck so there’s no way water could enter.

Through the enclosure holes though

1 Like

Sorry, i mistyped - the enclosure screws/holes are the water ingress pt.

I put rubber o-rings between the washers and the enclosure so that’s all good.

3 Likes

:+1:t3:I do the same thing for my heat sinks

3 Likes

Yeah, those are a lifesaver. They also dampen the vibrations so the bolts don’t come loose even if you don’t loctite them (which I don’t).

3 Likes

@eBoosted enclosure arrived! This thing is a monster. :slight_smile: The fit is pretty good. Similar problem as with Ben’s enclosure. It fits the deck shape very well but doesn’t copy the deck profile well at the font and back (which is not surprising). Apparently, the RE 44 has a much more pronounced drop.

I wonder if I could adjust the enclosure shape a little bit by heating it up. I could use a similar trick as with Ben’s enclosure and print some filler parts though in this case I don’t see a good way for the filler parts to add value, so adjusting the enclosure would be better. Any thoughts?

11 Likes