Maytech v2 remote

I’ll check it out tmr. I kept it below 20mph. I’ll push it a little more tmr and pay attention to the braking.

1 Like

Just got my v2 remote working dit unity and with uart data.

1. I connected as drone001 for “PPM and Uart” control and use “current smart reverse” with half of the 3+3 plugg supplied with the controller.

2. I took connected RX to TX and TX to RX (yes they are ment to cross) with the other part of the 3+3 connector, only that I took one of the 3 wires out.

3. I went in to the controller settings by clicking all buttons and changed:

• “vesc data” under “data source”
  • “7pole pair” under "motor poles
  • “175 mm tire” under “wheel dia”
  • “4:1” ratio under “gear ratio”

One click on side button to move arround and hold for a sec to select. Break button to go back. Double click change drive mode.

Good luck all who get the controller :slight_smile:
I think it works great!

7 Likes

Thx, so far so good. I felt a little something weird yesterday. couldn’t tell if it was belt slippage or something with the remote, I was braking pretty hard. the rest of the ride was good. I have a sketchy idler with a stripped bolt I can’t tighten or loosen Imma get rid of these idlers as soon as I get my new motor mounts from @XTLA… But yeah I’m loving this remote. funny thing is my range is much better now. I have my speed mode 2 set to like 60% works good for cruising around without killing my battery in 10-12 miles. yesterday I went 9.36 miles and still had 49% left on battery.

3 Likes

Don’t you need a JST connector to hook up to the Unity’s RX and TX?

Thanks for the walkthrough!

Where did you get pole pairs from in the menu, mine has motor poles so I input 14

I used the black 3 pin and actually cut of one part to be a 2 pin get it easy in the unity rx and xt.

No problem. :slight_smile:
Took me a while to get it working so thought why not share when maytech has a bit hard guide.

1 Like

Maytech say it is pole pair in their video at 40 sec.

2 Likes

@Scoo and @Soho1212

Is there significance between setting 14 poles vs 7 pole pairs?

Anyone figure out how to activate the damn relay?

1 Like

@Venom121212
Had his working a couple of weeks ago. Can’t remember to what extent. Unity

That’s the old version I was using, not the new one.

@kevingraehl try double tapping the power button.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: should have looked closer or not been so…

1 Like

They all look identical and have stupidly long codes for names. The odds are stacked against us.

1 Like

Alright I had totally forgotten I bought one of these from Kevin. Can anyone do a quick run down on this remote in under 3 sentences?

1 Like

On the new remote for esk8
Double tap is change speed mode.
Triple tap is relay
Quad tap is transistor

1 Like

Remote feel gouda brie. Show all the fancy info. Tx and rx pins of receiver to TB6 esc no play nice!:joy:

But for real, if anyone plans on using this remote with the new TB6 VESC, be aware I have been having issues getting the tx and rx pins of the receiver to play nicely with the vesc thus not allowing me to see any of the vesc data on the remote. At this point but companies have blamed each other for the other companies product. No doubt it could be something wrong on my end but I have connected it just like other users have stated. The only variable not the same as other users I have identified so far is the TB6. I just run the ppm wires and look at metr if I have to… But it would be nice to see the data on the remote.

@Eileen
@Agnes_Maytech
@torqueboards

2 Likes

You tried swapping RX and TX? One of those non standardized standards between brands.

@jujo

Split trigger gives you sooo much control over throttle and brake. Rock solid, great feeling. My favorite remote ever.

3 Likes

Sweeeet, thanks man :rofl: is it easy to set up? I’ve only had the VX1 and Puck which are both stupid easy to set up

1 Like