Maytech v2 remote

I have a Unity I’m using ppm/pwm it’s my understanding from what i read so far all i need to connect is the Gnd, 5V and signal wire.

1 Like

motor poles…is this motor pole pairs… 7 or 14. I have a mental block when it comes to this motor pole/pairs thing

According to Maytech instructions, they recommend using both PPM (throttle) and UART (reading voltage/temp./speed).

PPM = PPM/5V/GND?
UART = TX and RX?

4 Likes

I’m not following. I have mine connected and it’s not working I only have the 5v,gnd and signal connected.

has anybody been able to successfully connect this remote to a Unity via PPM

I got it all connected but I can’t even get this to connect with the receiver all I get is a flashing red light on the receiver.

What did you connect? Just the PPM or PPM and UART?

2 Likes

I only connected the GND,5V and PPM signal wire. funny thing is. I couldn’t get my remote to even pair with the receiver lucky I bought two units so I tried to pair the other remote to this receiver and it failed…but when I went back and paired the original remote, it connected so it’s working now. :thinking: weird. right now I’m looking for something to insulate the receiver before closing my enclosure. but yeah I unplugged my mini remote receiver and just plugged it in to the V2 receiver.

1 Like

1 Like

Since you only connected ppm/5V/gnd, the screen on remote won’t be able to display voltage/speed/temp., right ?

2 Likes

correct…but I have a DaveGAX so i’m good without it.

1 Like

So Im getting a weird issue after adding in the TX and RX lines( rx vesc to tx receiver and vice versa)
When doing this, which ever vesc has the receiver plug in causes the motor to spin very rough…

As soon as I unplug the tx and rx wires the motor returns to normal.

Anyone ever seen this?

1 Like

You reran remote callibration right? Gotta ask the basic questions lol

2 Likes

Yes, it’s working now after I attempted to pair my other V2 remote to this receiver. Out riding now. So far so good. Love the speed modes. I love my mini it served me well but so far this is my new favorite plenty of travel. Smooth response both on braking and acceleration.

4 Likes

I love the remote! Just wish I could figure out my rx and tx wire issue​:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Agreed all around. The throw in the throttles gives so much control.

This one has speed modes?! Elaborate please…

1 Like

yes 3 speed modes. for me I set speed mode 1 to 34% throttle mode 2 at 60% throttle and mode 3 at 100% throttle. you can set each mode to whatever you like.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for letting me know. Does it feel like it affects the brakes too?

1 Like

I didn’t notice any difference in braking…

1 Like

Probably not a bad thing.

1 Like