Maytech v2 remote

Got mine in the post today so thought I’d try installing the receiver in to my monster box.

I already have a wand connected but wanted another remote connected to my board just in case the wand gave me issues or vice versa, anyhow, I’ve installed it, I used the ppm ground and 5v, the uart for the tx and rx, I also decided to use the hall sensor so spliced that in, my question is where do I find the pwm signal on the vesc 6 mk4? I connected it to the source on the vesc but my board isn’t moving, I can pair up just fine and the light stops. Wand still works. flashing

There’s a lot of confusing things happening in this post lol

You’re saying you want receivers for two different remotes connected at the same time to the same vesc?

Did you splice the UART wires?

Wait like it takes hall sensor input on the receiver?

1 Like

I used the canbus vesc, the wand receiver is connected to the master vesc, I also have a davega fitted which was easy even tho the comm ports are all being used up.

The maytech v1 uses ppm so connecting that up is easy, my last board I had a flipsky v2 pro installed along side the maytech v1, not so easy this time round.

Receiver for the maytech v2 flashes and stops flashing after pairing but no throttle signal is being sent to the vescs.

I’m not sure if the nrf module is causing interference, I’ll remove that tomorrow and see how it goes

The receiver does have the option for hall sensor, not entirely sure it’s needed but I connected it up anyway

1 Like

It works, got some help from Lee wright, had to change to ppm on the vesc tool

2 Likes

Yeah I’m curious what it does with the hall sensor info as well…

@Agnes_Maytech can you help me out?

1 Like

Me too :joy:

Smart reverse works which is nice, definitely not waterproof and it’s light as anything, almost no weight in the hand

My guess is that it somehow makes the speed reading more accurate, but I’ve never seen that before on a remote receiver pcb

1 Like

You can user either UART or PWM (and hall sensor and battery voltage), but not both. Well, you can connect everything but when set to UART, everything else is ignored.

@Venom121212

The receiver uses the Pwm(PpM) connection and tags into the vesc TX and Rx as well for speed and other data from the vesc. You can also wire it into one of the motor wires and one of the hall sensor wires for a way to read certain data when you switch the data input on the remote. Normally it would be set to vesc for data input but if you think theres an issue with any of the reading you can change on the remote to read the data from vesc, motor or hall. This was the info maytech supplied me Maytech-MTSKR1905WF-Manual-V2-0.pdf (2.5 MB)

3 Likes

Hi, can someone help me?

I‘m not sure how to connect receiver for V2 remote to my Unity.

The connection from PPM/5V/GND (receiver) to PPM/5V/GND (Unity) with one of the included 3 pin cable seems straightforward.

What am I supposed to do with the remaining 3 pin and 7 pin cables? It doesn’t seem like I can use these cables based on the wiring diagram from the instructions. Do I just need to connect to RX and TX to finish?

I also have the MTSKR2005WF. Not sure if that is any different from MTSKR1905WF.

1 Like

So the 3 pins under the PWM label are for ppm/PWM control of your remote.

The 3 pins on the right labeled relay switch are for if you want to control a switch via your remote (toggle lights on and off or similar)

The motor and hall sensor pins will allow your remote screen to show some speed/motor info. Explained in the post above.

1 Like

Has anyone tried hooking up lights to their maytech v2 yet? Sounds interesting to me

2 Likes

Once mine gets here i’m going to give it a go

Got mine today…why did I order 2 of these. :grin: I have a problem with buying esk8 shyyt…Opening my enclosure now. Think I know how to install this on a Unity. Gotta read up on it.

4 Likes

@kevingraehl grr eileen lol

3 Likes

Can’t I just connect the TX and RX to get the same info on remote screen?

@drone001 could you please let me know how install goes.

Do we just need to connect PWM, TX, RX ?

1 Like

Depends if you want to use it as uart or ppm/pwm

1 Like