Maytech v2 remote

I can only get it to read wrong values by swapping rx tx But at least the wrong values coincide with what I’m doing.

I. E. It will always show me ~33% of my actual speed.

It shows accurate mosfet temps but not motor temps. I believe that’s still a 5.1 FW issue with unities though.

Distance Calc is way off but they also don’t let me put in 9" wheels on the menu.

Battery level works accurately enough.

1 Like

With swapped wires I seems to get both temperatures, but everything else makes no sense.
The speed goes immediatly to 99km/h when i barely touch any trigger (yes even the brakes), and the battery level keeps blinking between no display and full battery as long as i touch a trigger.

1 Like

Have you done the whole menu setup where you change cell type, count, tire size, etc?

And is the esc set to output ppm and uart?

1 Like

Yes, everything is as it should be on the unity side, i get the right values with metr and davega using the same settings, and i did the setup on the remote.

1 Like

I couldn’t get it to respond in unity latest FW 23.46. It did exactly as you mentioned.

You 100% need to be on vesc FW 5.X for it to respond “correctly”

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’ll try to update the firmware i guess.

1 Like

Don’t forget to set the duty cycle current limit start. Pm me if you have more questions on setup. I feel your pain coming from unity fw setup to vesc FW setup.

1 Like

So this works fine with the tb6’s, including data? I bought abusfullofnun’s v2 off him so I’m anticipating the set up.

What fw version are you running on your esc’s?

1 Like

Something weird I remember, I had connected the fs Vx2 receivers and receiver of the maytech v2 remote (1 uart plug for 2 receivers just for laughs and giggles) and the data on the mt V2 showed data but now that I sold the vx2( took the receiver off ofc) the mt v2 doesn’t show any data… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

Im about 20 minutes away from purchasing this remote to replace a failing Vx1 but the phantom accelerations and dropouts have me second guessing. Anyone have luck with the extended range antenna or any other magical bandaid solution?

1 Like

Haven’t gotten to try the extended antenna, but my issues have been isolated to?? High density signal environments?

1 Like

I mostly ride in the country side or beside water so I might have to take the chance ._.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the v2 in the city for a couple months now without a single issue. I ride in traffic between cars. Although I think the lack of signal issues has something to do with my deck. It’s a haya with 4 layers of 8oz carbon fiber weave. I suspect that the carbon is providing a barrier from rogue signals.

2 Likes

I guess I’m going to have to recreate the effect you have going on, so just a faraday cage on 5 sides and open on the top facing you / your remote?

1 Like

Yep, that’s it!

1 Like

This hobby is a real make-work project, thanks for the help.

2 Likes

This is worth making a CF sleeve I can wrap around my case when going downtown. There’s this one spot specifically that makes this remote go stupid.

1 Like

Hmm I wonder if my Hummie deck is part of what’s causing some of the problems

1 Like

Perhaps, try bringing the antenna topside temporarily to compare during a test ride.

1 Like

I’ll just say, my antenna is positioned right here, as physically close to my remote as it can be, in a plastic junction box, and it still got choked out by other signals. I can control my board from 100 yards away with no issue but if I go down this one street of back to back bars and tall buildings, it goes bananas.

2 Likes