Maytech v2 remote

4 Likes

Had my first remote signal loss with this remote :dizzy_face:

I was cruising an area downtown called the banks where it’s like 20 bars on one block back to back.

Noticed some phantom acceleration while I was getting schwifty and brakes weren’t responding while headed towards an intersection.

I lowered my remote as close as possible to my top mount and signal restored in time. I got more weirdness on this road when I went through slowly again. Must be all the bars remote signals going on so condensed but still sketchy. I also had a metallic duct tape space ship interfering so I will retest with normal clothes on.

5 Likes

I had signal loss too last night :cry:, right as I was coming up to what was suppose to be a stop at an intersection. Was in busier part of town.

Super sad since I really really like the form factor of this remote. Switching back to Puck on my main board for now.

1 Like

Yeah I love the split trigger and feel of this remote. I need someone with a solid nrf module to make a split trigger version and not a puck form only cough cough @DRI . I just couldn’t get used to it.

3 Likes

I had some phantom acceleration for the first time yesterday too, but I quickly realized that it only happened because I rode within 100ft of a cell tower tree

Other than that it’s been amazing. Love the split trigger, huge amount of travel, and control accuracy. Besides that, the telemetry is great (except for the ridiculous mileage) and the ability to trigger my lights is cool too

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hmm I don’t think this boosts the signal at all though. It would just let the antenna be mounted closer and it’s already positioned as close to my hand as possible in the top mount.

We actually abandoned using NRF/ESB connection protocol for our new remotes entirely. The Robogotchi uses an NRF52840 module but only for the BLE protocol, we disabled the ESB support completely.

We did not find the performance held up to our standards in testing, even using a top-shelf NRF52840 XR module. Ultimately it’s a limitation of the ESB (Enhanced ShockBurst) protocol, which is the proprietary nordic stack that it runs for the remote link. ESB lacks the ability to channel hop after it’s been associated with a receiver, relying upon only GSK modulation for signal integrity/interference protection.

We decided to go back to our original radio hardware using Xbee series modems (2.4ghz & 868mhz variants, DSSS/FHSS options). They’re expensive but we have a solid 18 months of road testing on them at this point so they are high-confidence even in the noisiest of environments (looking at you SF).

2 Likes

@DRI

Have you guys considered making a trigger style version of FreeSk8 remote?

2 Likes

It’s in the works for first half of 2021; we’re trying to work out a proper trigger setup with our thumbwheel manufacturer atm :wink:

5 Likes

This is good

2 Likes

Houston we have a problem, I’m totally unable to control the board, did the motor foc did great tried to do the input since I’m connected in uart and ppm but it doesn’t work. help me, I’m :ok_hand: that close to finnishing that project and I better be able to try it before it’s too cold lmao
tenor (1)

1 Like

Did you make sure your remote is set up properly? Like going through the setup screens on the remote itself?

1 Like

Ok duty cycle and it goes full throttle scared the shit out of me good thing wheels are off.

Woke every one else in the house, tomorrow i’ll figure this out lmao

1 Like

okay so when I turn on the remote I press the thumb lever and after that it goes straight to 35 ish % speed I can’t seem to find where the parameter to change is.

Did you do a remote calibration on the esc setup?

1 Like

I got it working for some reason it works only on the slave side of my dual6.6 but no vesc data is showing up on the screen :man_facepalming:

Fuck me already

1 Like

Hey guys,

Has anyone finally managed to get the telemetry working on the unity ?
On the last unity firmware (not vesc 5.X) i can’t seem to get it to work. Funny thing, if i invert the rx and tx wires i get whacky values to show up on the remote.
Does it works with 5.X firmware ?

Cheers

1 Like