Maytech v2 remote

On the gear ratio of the remote what number must I insert?

look at an Esk8 Calulator and figure out what your ratio is.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

1 Like

No worries, glad I could help.

1 Like

No matter the gear ratio I can’t get mine to read distance correctly. Speed is fine bc it comes from the VESC though

Sometimes my 8 or 12 mile rides get up to ‘60 miles’ and longer onesike 20 miles usually fully pass 100 and reset and end up at like ‘5 miles’ lol

3 Likes

Same here. I need to find a magic fake ratio that makes this number accurate.

3 Likes

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lufkin-4-in-Dual-Wheel-Small-Measuring-Wheel-PSMW28CL/300881549

Put this on your board and you’ll know the exact distance you travelled :joy: Problem solved

I can’t access :confused:

1 Like

measuring wheel to count the distance :wink:

2 Likes

Just attach it to your remote :joy:

1 Like

Is there anything I should know before I pull the relay off mine? Is it a simple matter of desoldering the six pins and (optionally) the header?

1 Like

has long there is no power to it you should be good, took mine off and nothing happenned.

was a pain to take it off tho

1 Like

Hello guys,

Had some signal loss today and It’s scaring me.
Any other option than this 3m antenna which costs 30 euros shipped to EU? :stuck_out_tongue:

RC antenna maybe?

1 Like

Did you ever fix the issue on your v2 maytech remote for displaying the correct distance? The same exact thing is happening to mine. The speed and all other telemetry data seems to be accurate.

No I didn’t :roll_eyes:

The stupid thing is that the speed seems to be accurate. I always use Metr and ride tracking apps so that number isn’t really that important to me

Yeah the speed is accurate for me as well! Good call on using ride tracking apps. I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the quick response man, I appreciate it. I live in Laguna Beach and I know you’re in San Diego so if you’re ever in town LMK and we can go ride!

1 Like

Lol yah I gave up on it a while ago

Haha yeah for sure! I’m not up there too often tbh, just far enough out of the way

1 Like

I got it to match by lying about wheel size/gearing ratio until it matched up with my other telemetry logger.

1 Like

Did that effect your speed though? I tried the same thing and it made the speed inaccurate.

It took about 5 rides to get it dialed in right. I’d just change settings, go for a ride, check my data logger speed vs remote speed at known points, and then telemetry at the end. Eventually I got a good combo.

I actually ride 225mm wheels and the remote only goes up to 200mm for some dumb reason. In the end, I set it to 200 and just adjusted gear ratio until it was close. Still not 100% perfect but not bad.

2 Likes