Maytech 6396 motor

Your 6mm mounting plate will not work, the motor is too heavy. You will lose it.

2 Likes

ho, ok ^^ I think I see what you mean. And youā€™re surely right. It works, but what you want to say is that they will not last so long?

Because usually, motors are screws with only 5mm of some material like AL6061 at best.
Are MTO6396 deeper?
Here I use 1 more mm :laughing: (wow) and AL7075ā€¦

About the design (I really need this one), you can see that I reduced the all D44mm holes pattern with less hole (so less structural design weakness than the 1st onesā€¦etc.). From 24 to 20 holes, and I can do that again to 16 holes.
And add some material (passing from 6 to 10mm), but except MTB setup (or guys buying some new 260mm hanger :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) there is not a lot of setup possibility IMOā€¦

Looks better now, thanks a lot for your feedback Audrius / @3DServisas :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Also, I can see we are more than 10 peoples so the bulk order is now possible !!
Also, 150kV will be the chosen one. It is ok for you @Sender, @IndianGummy and @Fosterqc ?

I have some questioning, and I think I should try to see if I can separate the shipping in two packages, one for EU and one to the US.
Somebody in the US can handle this? And the re-shipping?
I think it will be cheaper because a re-ship from France will kill the deal.

If we do it quickly and can get Maytech paid asap, we should be able to get the motors before their big end of the yr holidays.

One last thing, they say I will not get custom from there, yeah sure, but I will definitely get an additional bill from the French custom once received, or sometimes they lock the package until its pay ā€¦
how should we do this ? Maybe ship it to someone VTA free in EU who make the EU re-ship ?

2 Likes

I can distribute US

8 Likes

Any chance for a 190kv version?

1 Like

They already sell them, just contact them directly to get your order, they have 170 and 190kV, I would prefer a 130to150kv for my needs.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a lot Tim, I will know a bit more tomorow about the split-shipping, how much etc :wink:

Then I think we should make another topic for this GB ^^

1 Like

Ok ok, so I will make a new topic and re-post a Poll about the motors ^^
I received some messages with faulty votes.

Also, if those who vote 150kV because its the higher, maybe think about the already avaible 170kV (or 190kV) :

Edit : Repeat ^^ : I think those who want 150kV should trie to see if 170kV be ok, and for others maybe we could order a lower one, like 130kV. Anyway, like I said, I will re-post the poll, donā€™t worry :wink:

Also @Sender, split shipping is ok, they already wait to know how many for EU and US to recalculate shipping :+1:

6 Likes

This sounds great.

170 is too high for me, but can work with anything 150 or lower. I think 130 or 140 would be wise as 150 isnā€™t really all that much lower than 170.

@akhlut get in on this shit.

7 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to what gearing youā€™ll be using these and wheels and 13s?

2 Likes

Tim ? he told me 2:1 ratio on 111mm with 14s this time :laughing:

1 Like

I always have something up my sleeveā€¦

3 Likes

@Riako Iā€™m confused as hell about what youā€™re ordering.
If itā€™s 6396 motors, ā€œsealedā€ then Iā€™m down for 2. Lower kv the better. Iā€™ll await your group buy thread?

Same. 150KV or lower. Anything above that wonā€™t work for me.

4 Likes

Yes I try to make one here :

:wink:

1 Like

@Riako may I ask you what ratio you are going to use with a 130kv motors. I bought 150kv 6374 motors to use on moon gear drive I think it is 1:4.49 or something. But later I read frank saying that higher Kv and higher ratio was more efficient, less heat his suggestion was 190kv with 1:7 gear ratio. I am a bit confused.

Mostly, and my fav., 4.67:1 (9x42T chain) on 9", at 70amps batt and motor max, 12s 12Ah graphene, from +22Wh/km (-20km), to (donā€™t have nb in mind but) +40km.

3 Likes

@professor_shartsis
@hummieee

What is more efficient?
58kv motor with 1:1.79 ratio
or
130kv motor with a 1:4 ratio
or
170kv motor with 1:5.32 ratio?
or
220kv motor with 1:6.77 ratio?

(Weird ratios to make the wheel speed equal)

My understanding (and past discussion) was that changing the kv is better than having a high gear ratio because belts + pulleys have more efficiency losses

5 Likes

Iā€™m really not a motor concepter, or the master builder or a Professor ^^
I just choose them to get big motor with high torque and ā€œhighā€ ratio for off-road.
Low kV is supposed less max amps (so maybe less heat).
I like to be able to use a small ratio compared to 190kV or more.

Like I did, making big chain drive with 140kV 5065 Racerstar on Berg.

Or like the Nano urethane Gear Drive with custom adaptor to use Bergmeister 150mm.

Now 3Dsas sell the same.

And, donā€™t ask me why, but I like to get the wheel gear diameter close to the rim diameter :sweat_smile:

isnā€™t it perfect ? :smiley:

This will looks even better on 9" ā€¦

Edit : Also, about saving effeciency, we could maybe say that low kV = less drive/motor/and gear wear ! If I compare in my case same setup using 170kV or 190kV the all gear drive and motor (so bearing etc) will make more turn, so more wearā€¦
Maybe, in my case again, same with battery, as low kV = a bit less max amps, so battery works easier than I set higher max current to get the supposed same torque ā€¦

5 Likes

You however have accumulated experience from riding and building board for a long time so Iā€™d be inclined to trust your feedback.

3 Likes