Maytech 6396 motor

Will get them in 150 and 220kv in 2-3 month

7 Likes

You can test the 6396 soon on our Community Board prototype :slight_smile:

1 Like

If may I say it. These are virtually the same motors alex is using on The Nazare and lonestar “6389”. Honestly They’re badass and sound pretty sweet :drooling_face:
They run cooler and allow you to climb with decent power where other ones will slow you down

9 Likes

Where on earth did you get these?!?!

I strongly guess that LaCroix has it’s motors from Maytech like a lot of other brands. The 6396 might be the upgraded version of the 6389. I heard some rumors though…

Thanks for the photos.
hum, sounds interesting!.. Thanks for letting us know :wink: it’s good to get an EU vendor.

@Chricious, thanks, it could be a fun meeting if you will make a ride test session.

Yes, I think they’re “the same”. Just a name story and maybe some differents specific asking but yeah.
@CiscoV did you (have) ride with them urself? For a long period enough?

Thanks to all for your feedback :sweat_smile: but I would love more ride feedback about them.
Some Nazare riders for example so, any trouble with them? Big bearing hold and work well?
No weird pitch or sound etc ? (after more than 1 ride test of course ^^)
@Static , @Santino and @Chricious does it work well now?

Maytech can make 20 (or more) of them for US$98.9/PCS. Total motors amount is US$1978 (for only 10 people in!).
shipping cost by DHL is almost 230usd. Apparently they say I will received them without custom …
Fair price for so big custom kV motor IMO.

Now I would love to get them battle-hardened Stator and Rotor (with re-balancing/equilibrating calibration of the rotor after it).
And I want to know if this “NMB bearings” was like dust-proof bearing with a metal flange, or watter-proof high-speed ones with the removable Shielded.

All spec. :

Only for those potentially interested in a bulk order / groupe buy :

• 150 kV
  • 140 kV
  • 130 kV

0 voters

Please vote and I will know how many we are possibly in ! :wink: :+1:

Also, I re-work the motor adapter-plate, and finally, it comes up like this :

:v:

3 Likes

Funny story. One of them started making a loud humming noise at high rpm under load just after 50 miles! It sounded like it was about to blow up specially when climbing
According to alex there some tolerance issues with big bearing in the first batch of motors that has been fixed since.
He kindly send me a replacement motor witch took a shit only 18 miles later after my crash “unity/metr pro deal” But the other motor has been legit 450 miles in and still love them. @$100 theyre a hell of a good deal witch I would take any other motor “specially sk3/Bkb 6374s that run very hot and will throttle you down quite earlier than Tb or maytech motors”

6 Likes

I’m not sure it fair to compare sealed and un-sealed can motors when it comes to heat. There are pros and cons to each.

6 Likes

I am up for a set of whatever of those KVs is decided on honestly. But 140kv sounds great

3 Likes

I also would take a pair, preferably 150kv for M A X I M U M speed but they’re probably powerful enough it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I can’t be fair with the answer, after fixing them only my wife rides those motors; and she is a slow and careful rider…I mean super slow…Have no pitching noise, but I battle hardened with quality epoxy (like a ton of it), on the magnets and specially the retaining ring…Cure them for a week…One motor is running senseless (with no reason sensor died), the one that exploded in little magnets pieces runs sensored.

2 Likes

Both motors had problems? How hard is it to QC damn Maytech… I’ve heard good things about their 8085s but I think they’re $650us per.

Your 6mm mounting plate will not work, the motor is too heavy. You will lose it.

2 Likes

ho, ok ^^ I think I see what you mean. And you’re surely right. It works, but what you want to say is that they will not last so long?

Because usually, motors are screws with only 5mm of some material like AL6061 at best.
Are MTO6396 deeper?
Here I use 1 more mm :laughing: (wow) and AL7075…

About the design (I really need this one), you can see that I reduced the all D44mm holes pattern with less hole (so less structural design weakness than the 1st ones…etc.). From 24 to 20 holes, and I can do that again to 16 holes.
And add some material (passing from 6 to 10mm), but except MTB setup (or guys buying some new 260mm hanger :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) there is not a lot of setup possibility IMO…

Looks better now, thanks a lot for your feedback Audrius / @3DServisas :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Also, I can see we are more than 10 peoples so the bulk order is now possible !!
Also, 150kV will be the chosen one. It is ok for you @Sender, @IndianGummy and @Fosterqc ?

I have some questioning, and I think I should try to see if I can separate the shipping in two packages, one for EU and one to the US.
Somebody in the US can handle this? And the re-shipping?
I think it will be cheaper because a re-ship from France will kill the deal.

If we do it quickly and can get Maytech paid asap, we should be able to get the motors before their big end of the yr holidays.

One last thing, they say I will not get custom from there, yeah sure, but I will definitely get an additional bill from the French custom once received, or sometimes they lock the package until its pay …
how should we do this ? Maybe ship it to someone VTA free in EU who make the EU re-ship ?

2 Likes

I can distribute US

8 Likes

Any chance for a 190kv version?

1 Like

They already sell them, just contact them directly to get your order, they have 170 and 190kV, I would prefer a 130to150kv for my needs.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a lot Tim, I will know a bit more tomorow about the split-shipping, how much etc :wink:

Then I think we should make another topic for this GB ^^

1 Like

Ok ok, so I will make a new topic and re-post a Poll about the motors ^^
I received some messages with faulty votes.

Also, if those who vote 150kV because its the higher, maybe think about the already avaible 170kV (or 190kV) :

Edit : Repeat ^^ : I think those who want 150kV should trie to see if 170kV be ok, and for others maybe we could order a lower one, like 130kV. Anyway, like I said, I will re-post the poll, don’t worry :wink:

Also @Sender, split shipping is ok, they already wait to know how many for EU and US to recalculate shipping :+1:

6 Likes