Maytech 6396 motor

Your voice in the 2nd video scared the bejesus out of me!!! :smiley:

Sadly I don’t have the experience to help you, my guess would be that 1 bearing just rolls better at the moment, and that they’re both fine, and the friction will go away after a while hopefully.

It’s not my voice, it’s MacGyver’s voice! Our technician :slight_smile:

I hope so too, but if I spin the rotor by hand I can also feel the friction at one defined spot on both motors. One is just slightly and the other one is more noticeably.

1 Like

I actually have a very similar problem with a Maytech motor at the moment, am waiting for my brother who has it to take it apart and see what’s wrong. I’ve had a TB motor in the past where there was friction due to the phase wire cable housing thing being a bit too long and taking up space where it shouldn’t be, which was an easy fix, but yeah I don’t know in this case.

We took it also aparat and copared it to FS. but it looked good from the inside. But it could be indeed the cable housing. I though so by myself. But can’t identifiy anything.

5 Likes

You should be able to verify individually if it’s one of the bearings now

1 Like

Talk to them and ask for replacement, I’ve had issues too with my Maytechs, started confusing me, like bearing sound, the guy who sold it to me (brand new) told me that could be a loose winding…Actually was that magnets where touching the stator at high rpm, producing noise (friction first, after a while a high pitching noise) and breaking the cheap epoxy they use, getting them loose and exploding into 10000 pieces…I epoxy back the little pieces, then Dremel the excess and the magnets that where touching the can at high speed…since then my wife ride this board with no issues, but I do not trust them for hardcore ridding…

4 Likes

Had a very similar issue with my Maytech 6880s. While they both seemed to have solid construction one would make an audible noise when spinning at low rpm. Couldn’t find any evidence of scraping on the inside

5 Likes

Hey, did you guys find a solution?

I’m interested in this motor (using the black sealed one 6374 130kV for more than 3yrs now, I would love some extra magnet length and big bearing) but with a lower kV and if I could get some good feedback and problem solving, because I trust Maytech motors.

@mackann just by curiosity, are you ordering some? ( I see you got some 150kV already of the previous version)

If not, @ALLinterestedGUYS, we could make a bach of some … 140kV for example (between 150 and 130, we will make a poll if we go this way) ?!
Did somebody knows if they could make battle-hardened in production ? could be cool to add too if possible.

1 Like

I think @3DServisas bought some

1 Like

You’re right :wink:

1 Like

Only issue is the mounting pattern

I’m down. I need a set of sealed motors for the mtb build

2 Likes

Wait, the won’t fit 63xx mounts?

1 Like

3Dsas or other or you can easily make some batch of adapter ^^

I have drawn one a while ago when I use 5065 140kV(didn’t make the prototype alive).
it’s a 5 or 6 mm length to add :sweat_smile: haha, not a PB for me.

Simples holes are threaded to be screwed by the mount, chamfered one is to lock the motor with the plate (here the holes pattern is 38mm like Racerstar, but easy to make it 30mm to work with real 50XX pattern :wink: )

• I made some designs with excrescence for motor guard.
  • And some side with excrescence hollowed out to let motor wire a bit more free (that could be redesign for this motor)

Also, a lot could be interested, to could use some good cheap 5065 on every 63XX motor mount!
As estimation, a 3dhub production in alloy 5mm 7075 bead blasted and anodized clear or black is around 50€/pair for at list 5 guys in.

Edit : + security > the good thing, it’s once the motor screw and the plate+motor set with the mount, the screw can’t go back as they’re lock between the mount !

4 Likes

You could probably make 50 pieces for like 10-15euros (for a set) euros max :slight_smile:

1 Like

20to30€/pair really sounds better and a fair price for those little pieces!!
I would love to run a little production for us but I can’t make it happen without backorder …
I will share the stp file on a Thingiverse :wink: if some want to play with it and I will add an update of the design to work this 6396 (and not 5065 motor :relaxed:)

3 Likes

I think its 30mm for these motors. So not all hope lost :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where are you guys getting these, by request? Don’t seem to see them anywhere. Considering these for the spiral gear drive

1 Like

Email and here on the forum.

yes email or also instagram or alibaba ^^

1 Like