Maytech 6396 motor

I would. But would I say anything?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s the stator length @mackann ? Looks like it’s not more than on a usual 6380/84 motor.

1 Like

Have not measured, but I think its 89 + extra bearing

2 Likes

89+ 5mm bearing +5mm base plate +3mm hall sensors +7mm can nipple = 109mm if i‘m not wrong.
I guesstimate more like 78mm isch.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Stator size is 52.8x55mm, on 6374 its 52.8x40mm

5 Likes

Ugh, the wires coming out of the face like that means you need a huge notch in the mounting plate I guess.

You don’t think they’ll lay flat?

My guess based only on the photos would be 65% no won’t lay flat 35% yes will lay flat

2 Likes

I’d like to see the stator actually compared. Their 6880s were smaller than some 6374s

1 Like
1 Like

Do you guys also have friction problems with that motors?
One of the motors has also more friction than the other.

Please compare:

Low friction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq_wVwcgAbw
High friction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyQhJx2BdC4

Your voice in the 2nd video scared the bejesus out of me!!! :smiley:

Sadly I don’t have the experience to help you, my guess would be that 1 bearing just rolls better at the moment, and that they’re both fine, and the friction will go away after a while hopefully.

It’s not my voice, it’s MacGyver’s voice! Our technician :slight_smile:

I hope so too, but if I spin the rotor by hand I can also feel the friction at one defined spot on both motors. One is just slightly and the other one is more noticeably.

1 Like

I actually have a very similar problem with a Maytech motor at the moment, am waiting for my brother who has it to take it apart and see what’s wrong. I’ve had a TB motor in the past where there was friction due to the phase wire cable housing thing being a bit too long and taking up space where it shouldn’t be, which was an easy fix, but yeah I don’t know in this case.

We took it also aparat and copared it to FS. but it looked good from the inside. But it could be indeed the cable housing. I though so by myself. But can’t identifiy anything.

5 Likes

You should be able to verify individually if it’s one of the bearings now

1 Like

Talk to them and ask for replacement, I’ve had issues too with my Maytechs, started confusing me, like bearing sound, the guy who sold it to me (brand new) told me that could be a loose winding…Actually was that magnets where touching the stator at high rpm, producing noise (friction first, after a while a high pitching noise) and breaking the cheap epoxy they use, getting them loose and exploding into 10000 pieces…I epoxy back the little pieces, then Dremel the excess and the magnets that where touching the can at high speed…since then my wife ride this board with no issues, but I do not trust them for hardcore ridding…

4 Likes

Had a very similar issue with my Maytech 6880s. While they both seemed to have solid construction one would make an audible noise when spinning at low rpm. Couldn’t find any evidence of scraping on the inside

5 Likes

Hey, did you guys find a solution?

I’m interested in this motor (using the black sealed one 6374 130kV for more than 3yrs now, I would love some extra magnet length and big bearing) but with a lower kV and if I could get some good feedback and problem solving, because I trust Maytech motors.

@mackann just by curiosity, are you ordering some? ( I see you got some 150kV already of the previous version)

If not, @ALLinterestedGUYS, we could make a bach of some … 140kV for example (between 150 and 130, we will make a poll if we go this way) ?!
Did somebody knows if they could make battle-hardened in production ? could be cool to add too if possible.

1 Like