Maytech 6396 motor

It should have markings on it?

5 Likes

6809 2RS. Even then. I still recommend not using them. Even high quality big bois will seize because of centering issues. Heck, even original NSK 6809 DD bearings seize up. It just be like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

maybe the ones with extra room between the balls and the races work since they allow for more heat expansion?

oh wait those are the DD i think :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really, it’s very weird with these motors. They have varying center offsets. Some might be fine, but others will require some insane amount of force to reassemble with proper bearings and die fast.

DD are free float shielded NSK bearings, the shielding doesn’t touch the balls compared to 2RS.

3 Likes

It’s a 6809Z.

I soaked it in oil for a day or so have flushed it through a few times. Now it’s spinning quite nicely again.

Reassembled it. Now I’m hearing what I’m guessing is a rubbing between the can and the stator. Can was thoroughly cleaned and oiled and looks perfectly aligned so don’t know wtf is up now. :man_shrugging: :tired_face:

1 Like

Do not use the bearing. :frowning: Yes, it will result in unknown issues. It’s been heavily tried to make them disappear to no avail…

1 Like

Problem categorically was the bearing. There was no can/stator rub. Pulled it off and replaced it with an SKF 61809/6809 2RS1. It’s like night and day. Smooth as silk.

12 Likes

anyone know the size of the rear bearing
mine seems to have blown up and died inside the motor leaving just the outer race left.
anyone know how i can remove the outer race and replace the bearing?
thanks

@Eileen

if anyone has 1 of these in the 210kv version and wants to sell then pm me. need one urgently

2 Likes

210$ after shipping
insanely expensive

thats my last resort

You may be at the last chance saloon I think…
To just find one sitting on someones shelf I think is gonna be a hard call. And from a reseller you may find they’ll be even more expensive. Perhaps this little bump might find one though. Good luck.

2 Likes

Well try getting the outer bearing race out and replace it, if you have calipers you can measure everything and find a replacement ez

2 Likes

got the bearing out
contacted maytech about size and pushed the bearing in and then the can wouldnt close. i tried a bunch of different things but none seemed to work to replace the bearing

no idea what size it should be and maytech dont seem to know its size either

Did you try scrolling a bit up? :slight_smile:

1 Like

its not the big bearing but the small one at the rear
maytech said its 15 x 10 x 4 but i bought those pressed all the way to as far as they can go and the stepped bit of the shaft wouldnt allow the can to go all the way

1 Like

You can measure the thickness of the races too do determine.

Put inner, outer and thickness in twenty4bearings.nl and you will see results, you can round the sizes most of the times up to a .00

1 Like

i cant measure the inside race sadly as i dont have that to use

Wdym, is there no inner race left? You can also measure the hub it was sitting on.

1 Like

the inner race broke at some point and i never saw it

the motor shaft it sits on i cant see without removing it. i dont know how simple that is to do.

1 Like