Maytech 6396 motor

I just take back my motors to see how it has evolved, and it has not on this two part ^^

So yeah, Maytech does this for long/some times already. At least they do this/or Overion ask it in his motors since at least his 1st bash in 2016! :wink:

They didnt do it like this until this year i think:

2 Likes

The key between the rotor and shaft is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. And long overdue.

6 Likes

Does the ping also prevent the shaft moving in while riding helical gears?

Thats happens with my MTO-6880

Curious if that keyway shaft will even be worth it.

Considering that you have a weaker aluminum against a steel motor shaft + steel keyway.

2 Likes

No, it looks like it only prevents slip in the rotational direction, based only on what I see in the photos. I could be wrong.

To prevent slip in both directions, use option 1 or 3 here:

This is more functionally like option 2. Option 3 is a dutch pin in much the same way as this 6396, but has the added bolt holding the shaft tight from slipping in the axial direction

2 Likes

Thanks!

The Dutch Pin sounds great.
Need to find somebody to drill that hardend steel.

1 Like

No. But, right, I bought them in 2017, not 2016 ! ^^

But they already did it in 2017 so. Also, like I say, maybe just on the Overion 130kV one, he asks a lot of add-on mods at that time! They are rock solid as I still use them and work like a charm !!
I will take more photos tonight if you want.

rush 2017

4 Likes

The motor shaft is usually case-hardened.

What kind of drill do you take?
How deep do you drill?

For the bolt in the shaft? I don’t recall exactly. I did it on lathe.

Yes - I would also take a lathe - but still on the lathe one need the right drill, correct?
Am asking - bcoz I am more the computer dude (+/- 5V) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine 6880’s from the beginning of 2019 have it too. I was always wondering what that blue shit was

2 Likes

Is this correct? Only difference between your 6380 is the bearing and that it’s sealed?

2 Likes

Correct same sized stator.

1 Like

Yup :+1:

3 Likes

Size comparison, side by side.

6365, 6396, 6380

The 6396 and 6380 are like 150g~ difference in weight (1212g vs 1054g)

5 Likes

6396 or with additional bearing. Does make sense for a MTB or Gear Drive setup. :wink:

8 Likes

I wish damn maytech didn’t Take into account the titty when advertising their sealed motors

3 Likes

if it can highlight some … :

some old pic and measurements … hope you can understand it

6374 new HEV APS, 6374 old APS, 6374 Overion/Maytech enclosed, 6380 FS, 8072 APS.

6 Likes