Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

Naw man, that’s pretty friggin cool. That makes sense.
I’m doing a mandolorian build with a bobble head groku on the front. His eyes are la croix head lights and he has a blue led in his hand. Hehe

3 Likes

That’s sick! I think all DIYs should be made into a theme. It’s adds such a big level of enjoyment to it! Even simply just adding a vinyl design wrap and a colour scheme can make you love it so much more.

2 Likes

I theme all my builds. Ya want generic, buy from China.

1 Like

Yup. That’s the deck.

Here’s the groku.

4 Likes

Wow his eyes literally light up! (Saw the first pic) That’s wild! I bet you’ll have the sickest board in town

1 Like

I dug his head out and his eyes light up. You can see the wires in the one pic

1 Like

Just messaged spintend again today. They said my package has arrived in Beijing! I’m just glad it’s not lost. I expected to be back to riding by now :disappointed_relieved: I hope with everything, I can get back to riding before November ends. Roads may not be covered at that time :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

giphy-2

5 Likes

Haha I’m trying to stay in the present. I have no more plans to add things to my board. It’s enough. I just want to be done and back to riding again. I’m tired of this lingering on. I’ve spent most of the year on this.

3 Likes

Just talked to ubox again. Their local postal service says the package is not China! Even though somewhere else it says its in Beijing. The packages don’t take this long to ship. They kept telling me to check with CanadaPost but I dont have tracking service for that package. It was supposed to be 2 weeks not 2 months. I think I need to buy another ubox :sob: there goes another $300 :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Don’t do that, Ubox should send it for free, unless I miss something

2 Likes

No it’s Canada Post who lost it. The service is uninsured which I just found out now but I had to declare $30 for customs so its not like I was going to get the full cost back.

2 Likes

I’m back (hopefully better than ever)! Finally have an ESC again. You’ll see my build thread active again.

7 Likes

Working on parsing data from my Bluetooth module which is scanning for my ibeacon. Aka setting up security system so that board detects when the remote is in range. I was going to have my board security system work with my phone but I just learned/remembered that my phone doesn’t output BLE advertising. I think having it paired with the boards remote makes sense anyways :man_shrugging:

Figured out how to use a bidirectional level shifter (in between arduino and Bluetooth module) :man_facepalming::joy: I didn’t supply power to both sides, I thought the shifter takes power from one side and converts it to the other voltage like it does with the data lines. Now that I know how to use the converter I’ll be using a second one in between the ubox and my usplit. I had fried my usplit 3 months ago because I gave it 5v. Now it will be protected :slightly_smiling_face:

Once I connect my usplit I can setup the all the sound effects to actually work with the board. If you remember I demonstrated them before, but the tracks were just on loop instead of responding to the ubox.

6 Likes

Wahooo! I finally have the vesc talking to my arduino through the usplit! The vesc data sent to my arduino is in sync with the davega! Yay!

Next, I’ll plug in the speakers and switches to the arduino and see the voice feedback sound effects in action!

6 Likes

JARVIS IS ALIVE! On/off sounds with arc reactor in sync! This is a big milestone! Does it seem alive (like Alexa)?

In terms of coding the biggest thing left is making the touch screen talk with my arduino, won’t take that long. The biggest thing left in terms of the whole project is finalizing and printing my enclosure V2.

7 Likes

I think I’m close to finalizing my electronics enclosure V2. Might print small sections to test measurements. Definitely going to print a slice of the lid to see how the speakers and touch screen fit. Going to look through all elements of the design of this again because it’s been a while. It will be tedious :weary:

3 Likes

Will be printing really slow (relative to what I usually do). This is how long it will take at 30mm/s: 5.5 days. Will use a full spool.

Printing a slice of the lid rn

5 Likes

I printed a section of my enclosure and found some problems. I think I caught them all now.

Printing the final enclosure v2. This is it. In 5 days I will know i just wasted a week and a spool or not :crossed_fingers::grimacing: will still need to print the taillight mount and tpu remote sleeve after this. Also need to seal off the ends of the battery enclosure. Might just use silicone.

5 Likes

My touch screen is pretty much done. Figured out how to have it communicate with my arduino.
Serial (UART) communication is the best! Using it on all my arduino peripherals. Screen will control switches like the remote, screen buttons will update in sync with remote, if remote is used to toggle switches. Screen will also enable/disable security system. Can also change security password and it will be stored in arduino. I think I’ve looked through all edge cases to eliminate bugs :crossed_fingers:

Update on printing: 3days left

Update on code: I think my “OS” is pretty much done. 700 lines of code :dizzy_face:
main functions:

1. button scanner - checks digital input pins connected to RF receiver module for remote button presses and for how long (using long/short press for diff switches).

2. switches - will look at button press data and flip the right switch + update switch panel on touch screen

3. ESC reader - handles all ESC data ex. on/off, speed, battery, distance travelled and plays the appropriate sound.

4. security system - if security system is on, will look for esk8 remote (using connected BLE module), will process scan results - aka if not found in a certain number of scans, will trigger security alarm.

5. nextion scanner - looks for input from the touch screen and processes it, sends back data to update touch screen too.

6. mp3 player - module communication w/ arduino. Functions here are referenced by other functions in order to play sounds at relevant events.

5 Likes