Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

Pretty much done with designing. Now programming and interfacing with arduino. Thinking I’ll change the ID to me and make my own stark industries employee card (click Fullscreen on the video or it looks weird)

4 Likes

You should make your own ID card, make it more custom so it’s yourself :+1:t3:

1 Like

Replacement remote module and mega came in. Using pin headers now so I don’t have to worry about soldering/desoldering and damaging the pinholes. I will use clear epoxy to fix the Dupont connectors in place when I’m done. I also have acrylic conformal coating for the PCB that I’ll apply later.
I’m designing a case for it right now.
All the switches work. My switch pcb is done.

5 Likes

New speakers came in. They are so much better than the old ones. Louder (90db vs 88db), more powerful (25W vs 5W), and waterproof face. These will be mounted by screws instead of grooves and hot glue like the old one. It has a foam layer around it so with compression it will be waterproof all around. I can also print a gasket if needed. Heres the two sets of speakers and the screen positioning on the lid.

6 Likes

NEW VS OLD BL SPEAKER. ITS SO MUCH BEEFIER. Also sound doesn’t get distorted at max volume. Sound quality and bass are better. Though the most important thing is waterproofness. All my electronics are in this one enclosure so it needs to be waterproof.

I CANT STAND IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE SPEAKERS AT MAX VOLUME! ITS DEAFENING. My ears hurt. Clear difference between these and the old. With the old, it was louder than the gear drive at max volume, but you were still listening to both the gear drive and music together. I’ll be able to mask the gear drive with these speakers.

I’m thinking I need to change the design of my enclosure so the speakers don’t point to my head :joy: I’ll lose my hearing. Likely point straight up like my old enclosure lid.

7 Likes

How are you controlling speaker volume?

2 Likes

There’s a volume knob on the amplifier as well as my volume level on my phone. I’ll set and keep the amplifier knob to maybe 80% and then just always use my phone to adjust the volume.

2 Likes

That’s awesome

1 Like

My ubox has not reached spintend in china yet. It was supposed to reach a week ago :pleading_face:

1 Like

My touch screen came. My UI works.

11 Likes

huge ironman fan. i have the first 200 mint, bagged and backed. i tattoo because i drew ironman as a kid, this build will be epic. go with the black. it will go better with the crimson and gold. im probably going to make you an offer on it when its done. for sale or not.

1 Like

Thanks! What are you referring to about making black? I appreciate a design suggestion but the board itself is already done.

I’m still waiting for my ESC to ship back to spintend. I’m afraid that it might be lost :sob: if it doesn’t reach them by the end of the month then I’ll buy a new one. I have the screen mostly done like from above ^ the new enclosure is mostly done too. Just need the ESC back and I’ll print the enclosure and I’ll be back to riding again…

Black lines interest of grey. You asked in the header

1 Like

I sent two back to them recently. How much did you declare they were worth? Anything over $25.00 is held longer.

1 Like

Sorry I’m not sure where you’re referring to but I’m guessing it’s an older post from a few months ago when I was designing the griptape? Maybe you can quote it.

I put $30cad. They said to put $30. I used Canada Post and they said 5-10 business days. I shipped it on August 31st so I’m worried.

This is what the board looks like now…

yeah, looks like im slow on the uptake again. i didnt check dates of the post.

1 Like

nice. is the core gonna light up like the one on his chest?

1 Like

It will just light up like in the video. Did that load for you? Earlier I had it just like a light switch controlled by my remote but I’m thinking I’ll have it turn on only when Jarvis is talking to make it seem like Jarvis is alive, like in the video - I think this effect works well. Then I can always disable the light panel (arc reactor) with my touch screen if I want.

1 Like

The video loaded but the core in the center of the deck looked like a sticker instead of 3d. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong

1 Like

The light is an electroluminescent (EL) panel. There is the vinyl design on top and a protective clear vinyl on top of that. It’s not meant to stick out, but instead look like it’s part of the deck/goes into the wood. I did not want to make a 3d arc reactor structure for the durability of the board, so yes it is a 2d reactor unfortunately. But I’m happy with because I just want the design and it to light up :man_shrugging: to each their own.