MakerX GO-FOC Retro dual drive ESC

Go-FOC Retro.
It is built on the original 4.12 hardware. Maximum continuous current 100A with heat sink.

6 Likes

What’s the size of this one?

3 Likes

What are the operating limits? Max amps? Is 100A only applicable with the cooling case?

1 Like

SIZE:

PCB: 60x91x16.5MM (Including capacitor height)

Cooling BOX : 95x65x18.5MM (Including capacitor height)

3 Likes

The parameters are the same as the official VESC 4.12 version.
The maximum MOS(IRFS7530) current is 295A. It is possible to sustain 80A current(single) with the cooling case!

4 Likes

Do we have to plug in a can cable to connect the two halves or is that wired in to the PCB?

It looks like we still have to connect the can bus connector… I think? There are the ports for it lol

1 Like

In order not to affect the performance of the ESC, there is no wiring inside the PCB. It needs to be connected externally. We will connect them before delivery.

3 Likes

Sooo why this over your dual mini? Are there benefits over the $120 one?

Can sustain more current! The 4.12 hardware designed by Benjamin himself, the circuit is mature and the performance is guaranteed!

1 Like

I am sure you product here is great, but you have given me zero reason to believe that is the case, no product description or sales pitch. The only information you have available to your average schmuk (>me<) is this:

As your average idiot, I’ve no idea about the particular chips on my escs so this means nothing to me. If your market is those that have enough knowledge about escs to build their own from scratch then I apologies for my rant, if not please invest in marketing.

4 Likes

Ooh okok, but besides the extra current, is it more resillient or smoother? Give me something besides the extra current :wink: I do not care very much about current, i care more about reliability.

3 Likes

We just put the two VESC4.12 together…In order to make DIY more convenient to use.
For high current ESC circuit design, the most important thing is circuit layout! It directly affects whether the ESC can run high current. Version 4.12 is a mature version V4 designed by Benjamin and has been sold a lot worldwide. Here I can only guarantee the quality of the hardware, because we have basically not changed the Circuit layout.
By the way, the performance of the 7530 is well known, and it is much stronger than the FS4MOS. With the heat dissipation case, it will be able to provide more powerful power!

3 Likes

comes with xt and bullets connectors attached?

This could be a cheap and easy way to upgrade prebuilt boards without going for a Unity. I like it.

3 Likes

Shipping list:
Go-FOC Retro x 1
XT60+ Plug (Male and female) x 1
4MM bullets connectors (Male and female) x 6
PH2.0MM JST wires x 5
Micro USB data line x 1

2 Likes

So who’s going to test this one to make sure it functions? Ain’t me.

4 Likes

We will soon send some samples to Esk8r for testing. :grin:

1 Like

I have the first makerx dual mini I would be interested in testing this one, and doing direct comparison, are they in stock yet?

1 Like

V4. 2 dual and this new 4.12 dual with cooling ready stock? @YUTW123

1 Like