MakerX DV6 Users Thread

Hi what firmware are you running on them ? i just got a DV6 set up went for test ride and have cogging at full acceleration and braking … it peforms pretty good apart from the cogging.

I’m currently running a DV6 on 5.3FW and a DV6 pro on custom FW.

1 Like

Which custom FW on your DV6 pro?

Something @jaykup shared somewhere haha

2 Likes

Haha same here. For some reason it’s more stable than the official release.

I buy?:thinking:

1 Like

Thank you got it on 5.3 and it runs GOOD …better than my unity :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dv6 arrived, first test ride and it performed well.

What amp limits are you guys running on it?

@ShutterShock

1 Like

I am running 100A motor 70A battery on each side, can’t really speak of the stock thermal performance though because mine is bolted to a huge heatsink. With that said with my heatsink the hottest it has gotten is about 10-15C over ambient.

Mine is from late 2020, not sure if the recent ones still use the same mosfets

2 Likes

100a motor is well torquey. Is that with stock 5.3 fw?

Stock 5.1 fw

1 Like

Interesting, stock meaning you kept the ine that came with the esc or uploaded a version from the vesc website?

I am asking this because, same as for the dv4, when I uploaded the standard vesc 5.3 that I downloaded from the vesc website, I noticed an increase in torque.

1 Like

And yes, according to the website the regular dv6 now has the same mosfets as the pro version, and the latter is out of stock

2 Likes

Stock as in official vesc fw from vesc website. Interesting that you saw a torque increase by going to 5.3. At 100A I have so much torque that I doubt I would notice the difference, full throttling on flat is already quite hard to do lol

1 Like

What’s your gear ratio? It was the same for me with the dv4, took me a bit practice to be able to full throttle, problem was when I did I damaged the esc because maker x said I was running a stock firmware and I should have had a different version for my esc,

I distinctly remember with the dv4 when I updated the fw for the first time, so much more torque. I hope is not the same with the dv6 where the stock fw can damage the esc

Could that increase have been switching from uart to ppm? :slightly_smiling_face:

2.2 ratio, 115mm wheels, 140KV motors, about 60km/h top speed maybe a bit more. I can full throttle it just requires quite a bit of concentration and a good road :slight_smile:

I didn’t know the DV4 needed a custom fw, that’s strange.

As far as I know people just use the official hw60 fw for the DV6 non pro, I could be wrong though

1 Like

Well I didn’t know either, but then while I was troubleshooting with maker X, he asked me to check the resistors value, and he told me that my specific esc was supposed to have a different firmware version, and he apologized for not telling me on POS.

When I reinstalled the firmware that he suggested, the performance were exactly the same as when I bought them, considerably less torque on startup from stand still. Even putting the motors on 100a o reducing the ramping didn’t give huge improvement. It felt like there was a soft start kind of thing.

At this point The esc was probably already damaged, so he agreed on a refund and I purchased the dv6

Sometimes 100 motor Amps and 90 battery Amps per side.

Usually 60 motor amps and 30 battery amps per side.

1 Like