MakerX DV6 Users Thread

40 battery 50 motor each side . Not had mine long but had a few rides really like it.

1 Like

110a per motor, 60a battery on my DV6 pro FW5.3 stock from Makerx

100a per motor, 50a battery on my DV6 FW 3.62 been running for like a year

I’ve had one over-current error on each, in pretty stressful situations but they recovered and I haven’t had an issue. I’ve hit max motor and battery current on both of these setups

3 Likes

100a motor 60 battery .10 ramping time, although I have a snappy start, acceleration not as impressive as the time when I uploaded stock firmware on the dv4. 20/66 gear, 175mm wheels. (140kv)

Maybe I should get bigger motors, or maybe the phase wires are too long, about 60cm each, or maybe the v6 is just a bit milder on startup, I’m going to do some testing and modifications see what happe!

To give a prospective with the motors at 50a each the board is slower in acceleration than the evolve gtx

1 Like

Anyone have trouble with their DV6 not coming close to set current values or max duty cycle? I ran around 2 days ago trying to do high speed runs but it seems like my DV6 stops at 70% duty cycle and no more than 40 motor amps and ~25 battery amps per side based on CSV logs, while its set to 100/-100/60/-20 on both sides. From 4x 3S lipos and they should be able to dump more than 50 battery amps. Going to try reflashing FW tonight but I don’t know if it’ll make a difference.

@Vsfamurri seems like you’re having a really similar problem to me.

1 Like

For me I can get all the way to 100a (total batt) and I’ve been to 96% duty cycle before

Are you able to reach the duty cycle not under load?

1 Like

on 2 DV6 Pro I’ve hit 184A total VESC draw from the battery and on a DV6 I’ve pulled 118A

for duty I do get issues over 90% like brake cogging and weak performance near my top speed

Yeah spins up to 95% duty no load. My other DV6 is fine and pulls 180~ motor amps and 140 battery amps up to 95% duty cycle but they’re on the same FW with the same settings.

1 Like

140 battery amps? Jeez so you have it set to 70/side?

1 Like

Yes sir, haven’t had any ABS_Overcurrent yet.

1 Like

That’s pretty dope. I guess I can push my Pro even harder then. It’s set to 60/side

To be fair my motors don’t like it much, they got to 80c on my ride this morning lol (110a each)

1 Like

The DV6 I have pulled that current from does it without a hitch, I have a log of 133 battery amps combined somewhere but the other DV6 is pretty much equivalent to a Gen 3 hobby wing in acceleration and top speed. Pretty sizeable inconvenience.

1 Like

That’s so weird, my pro and normal seem to be pretty similar. My normal one is kinda old tho

2 Likes

My DV6 that can’t pull any current is the newest revision of original DV6, my old DV6 runs fine.

2 Likes

I’ve done 90A/side successfully for over 200km. Maker-X makes good with their advertised specs. I’ve only ever had one issue with their products and it was my own fault, and I’m not exactly conservative in my usage.

1 Like

How do your motors not overheat?

Go faster and the air moves across them faster.

Tbh on hot days I actually get overheating issues if I ride in the sun too long. It’s partially why I stripped off the black paint from my motors to make them absorb less UV.

1 Like

I mean I overheat mine purely by going fast lol

Like I said earlier I got to 80c this morning and it wasn’t even hot out

I also have the new non pro version, which is supposed to have the same mosfets as the pro based on what they state on the website.

Can I upload tge CSV log here for you to compare with yours?

Yeah absolutely, heres mine:
RowQ DV6 Current problems.csv (7.0 MB)
Hits ~57(56.6-56.95)kmh, then throttles current which keeps it below 80% duty cycle. I first suspected voltage drop throwing me into LVC but the LiPos sag 2V, from 44v to 42v and soft LVC is 36V.

Edit: The highest cherry-picked current launch from this log is 50 motor amps, 30 battery amps per side which is almost exactly half of what the max settings are, really cant wrap my head around the problem.

I’m not sure I know how to read this file well, but it seems like I do have up to 109a, my settings were at 110 m 60b

Have a look see what you think
Vsfamurri DV6 log 29j.xlsx (118.3 KB)