Maker -X MINI FOC PLUS ! 50A CURRENT (VESC6 COMPATIBLE)

Has any one done any testing on this

I once decided to do a series of abuse to this esc to see how far it can be pushed before it gives up. Unfortunately I screwed up big time and blew the esc to hell and beyond.

Long story short.

Started at 12S FOC 45A battery and 70A motor for 30min. No issue other than hitting temperature limit quite easy pulling that current.

At this time I accidentally crushed both esc and the battery wires mechanically so they got torn from the pcb, incinerating the poor esc. 100% my own fault, dont’t ask. :persevere:

I use two mini+ at 7S in my board. Still going after about 700km.

5 Likes

Ive been there, it never stops hurting but you’ll likely never make the mistake again. Looks like we officially have a flipsky replacement.

3 Likes

I have put mine though hell the same would kill a flipsky 4.2 plus. Running 2x 6354 hard in hilly area. Even after 400km it’s still going strong.

2 Likes

@linsus do you have one of these?

@Movation What is your settings? You have the Go foc mini plus?

About as long as this piece of string…
images (89)
What specifically?

1 Like

What is your motor and battery amps settings? Just curious? mini foc plus advertised 50a continuous?

Not the plus one, but the regular 🤷

1 Like

30 Battery Amps (that pack is 60 capable so divide by 2)
Motor left at default it’s been working well. It’s in a small board 28" and not as powerful as most of my other builds. But this is more the motors and battery. I have only had it overheat once and that was running older firmware.

1 Like

Where do you ship from? I’m in the U.K and wondering how long it will take to arrive

als, has anyone tried putting heastsinks on these things?
…and was there a UART problem with these? … i may have heard wrong

I ordered recently. Order shipped DHL from Hong Kong.

I use ppm so cannot verify uart.

1 Like

it hasn’t arrived yet i take?

I’m in 'merica. Took about 1 week.

Only tested it all on the bench right now and it is working fine. Running dual motor over canbus.

1 Like

ah, thats quick.good to know. thanks

To be honest, I had quite some respect “programming” a VESC for the very first time.

And of course, the first try didn’t work out. The VESC tool complained that one VESC allegedly had old FW. But they both came with 5.1. The FW update didn’t change anything. But the bootloader update solved it.

So apart from this obligatory update of the bootloader it worked without any flaws and was rather easy. No need for headache! :blush:

Nevertheless, it shows some funny behaviour. The motors seem to behave exactly like a mechanical rear axle differential: an decrease in speed/increase in load of one wheel is balanced by an increase in the speed/decrease in load of the other:

That the stock motor starts up super fast though throttle input is little, is probably due to the higher inertia and friction of the hub motor and it won’t matter once both motors are similar and under the same load.

Anyways, I wasn’t completely sure if it is a bug or a feature :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Use vesc Tool’s welcome interface to program, everything will become simple.

This is a idiosyncrasy of the Vesc tool of late, random complaints of using old firmware, probably does not happen with VESCs >insert conspiracy theory here<

7 Likes

Each wheel is driven completely independent so it’s kind of a feature that if you block one wheel the other minds it’s own business. You can enable traction control which will act as a diff lock when accelerating and abs when braking