Maker -X MINI FOC PLUS ! 50A CURRENT (VESC6 COMPATIBLE)

My wallet wants to kill you

4 Likes

I really want to buy one! But I donā€™t really needed itšŸ˜‚ Some of you can relate. We buy so many parts donā€™t even used it. Wait!!!.. If on sale I might buy couple. My wallet screaming NO!!!

2 Likes

Are they any good come on folks give feedback on a new esc help the community out.

3 Likes

Are the connectors on these non-standard like the first minifoc?

The same port as mini focā€¦

1 Like

So do these come standard with those jst adapters?

1 Like

yes right

1 Like

Trying to set these up right now but they wont allow firmware change!?? I donā€™t have the vesc tool for fw 3.63, what can I do? @YUTW123

2 Likes

You should be able to overwrite the bootloader/FW w/ another VESC. I just started looking into this for an old maytech VESC, but it seems like it would work for these as well.

1 Like

Thanks bruddah :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I also remember this. I think i just flashed the primary bootloader and then updated the new firmware.

It was possible to fix without a separate vesc

1 Like

Correct, I needed to update the bootloader for mine. In the vesc tool there on the firmware section there is a bootloader tab. Its the same button used to update the firmware just on the bootloader tab

1 Like

Good to know if I ever need to update fw. I went with easiest solution and used the vesc tool iteration for fw on escs that Mike shared above

Which bootloader? I would assume it is the ā€œ60 & 75_300ā€ since it is vesc 6 hw.

This is in VESC tool 1.13 btw

Yep, you match it to the HW version

Do we have anyone in here that has done extensive testing on these? @BillGordon

I am wondering the same thingā€¦looks like Iā€™ll pull the trigger for science.

1 Like

I finally managed to test my dual Mini FOC plus, for now only on the bench. Had to update/flash the bootloader first, after that the actual FW update went through. At first it didnā€™t properly write the FW on reboot. Got everything working with Metr Pro and VX1 receiver over PPM. One thing is a bit strange, I never had it happen before: When I go full throttle, the amperage goes negative. :confused: I canā€™t test it on the road, have to build covers first.

2 Likes

Mine does that as well. I guess its a feature.

3 Likes