Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Already had a chat with @MartinSp, he has been great at explaining me.

We’ll do some troubleshooting together, and eventually send it over for repair.

I’ll update once I know more

3 Likes

Tried bldc sensored 5.2 firmware, no errors as long as i keep motor under 45a, as soon as set 50 a motor i get the drv error

1 Like

If you ever find the out what the problem is, let us know! I have a TB 4.12 with a similar issue. Works fine up to 30A. Anything over gives a DRV fault. Replacing the DRV and mosfets did not solve it. I think there is some problem with the current sensing resistors or gate resistors, but those test fine as well.

1 Like

Have you been using it successfully?

No, I dont think its usable as is. Something component is definitely bad and needs to be replaced before I’d feel comfortable riding on it

One of the capacitor leads blew… Is bad isn’t it…

2 Likes

So, for those of you who are interested, I put new capacitors (same size for now, but Maker is sending me some bigger ones) and with the help of @YUTW123 we seem to have kind of resolved the issue.

He suggested me to use a version of the 5.3 firmware that os designed for the DV4, as a result, I can now run 30a batt 80a motors (each side), the only problem I have now is occasional abs current faults, but let’s not forget, is a Mountainboard and I have 20/66 ratio.

The only main difference I noticed with the recommended firmware, is a considerable less snappy/torquey startup compared to when I uploaded the 5.3 non DV4 firmware, but despite that, I can start well from a quite steep hill, but unfortunately I don’t experience wheel spinning on grass/gravel anymore.

David from MakerX has been very patient and helpful with my issue, he is knowledgeable and a nice guy overall, that’s the main reason why I ordered a DV6, that and more power :rofl:

8 Likes

Love hearing stuff like this! Yet another reason Maker-X has risen to be one of the very best ESC makers right now.

4 Likes

Thanks @YUTW123 for the excellent customer service.

I have finally managed yo ship the damaged dv4 and after a quick inspection he issued me a refund.

I see every day well established European companies having nowhere near this level of honesty and customer service.

Ah, and If you shipping from Uk to China, avoid DPD Local at all cost :rofl:

5 Likes

Very cool of you to follow up and close the loop! This makes me even happier that I own four VESCs from Maker-X.

8 Likes

so I’m looking for info on DV6 canH and CanL, I understand I’m supposed to connect these but I cant seem to find much info on what they are, what they do and which ones they are on the canbus port, appreciate any guidance, I have shot maker X an email, but might be handy to have a searchable definitive answer here.

The CAN port of the DV6 is located on the right side of the GH1.25 socket.

found the damned thing, had to use a magnifying glass to read it, explains why I couldnt find it, just looked like a tiny blur to me :upside_down_face:

Yeah - also its worth mentioning that if you need it for a device that needs 5v, you’ll have to pull that from somewhere else (iRemote for example)

Hi, can you please confirm that the remote antenna connector Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 is a JST PH 3pin?

1 Like

yes it is:

1 Like

Hi I ordered a dv4s ESC from MakerX a week or so ago for my DIY board. I am running 6384 motors and when I connected the motors and board to the esc and remote, I found that one of the motors would connect and work perfectly with vesc, while the other would not spin at all with the remote or in vesc when I would manually spin it via the software. I found in vesc tool that both escs in the dual esc are detected, so the esc has not failed I think, but I am getting a blinking red light which I assume means there is a fault. In the terminal I have encountered this fault. I was wondering if this was an issue that is purely software or if I would have to replace the esc (not preferable). I know that the motor works fine because when I swapped the phase wires of the motors, both motors would spin when connected to one side of the esc, while the other side would not spin.

Maybe run foc detection and restore vesc then re run detection.

I’ve run the motor detection multiple times and it always fails then throws up that error.

1 Like

Switch the motor wires to the other sides, does the problem follow?