Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

when I swap the motor wires of the motor that doesnt spin to the side that does, the motor spins correctly, and there isn’t a fault in the terminal. I take this to mean that both motors are working fine.

Drv damage? Cold solder joint? You should talk to the vendor at this point imo

yea I reached out but haven’t heard anything in a bit so idk what it could be yet. Ig i’ll just stick it out and wait to hear back.

Sounds like what happened with my dv6s. I messaged them and they replaced the board. :+1:

I was able to message them but they wanted me to ship it back to them in China, which was like $300 to ship, so I told them that wouldn’t be possible. I could buy another one for that money but I don’t know if the issue would persists or what is causing it if I ordered a new ESC.

I was able to run FOC Detection on VESC tool and got this output, one of the motors was able to do detection, but while it was spinning during detection, it stopped threw a drv fault and then did the small adjustments to finish, while the other motor didn’t do anything.

If you could make sense of it it’d be great.

this was the output of the FOC dection

Yeah one side of your ESC is fucked

LMao using what, fedex overnight?

2 Likes

nah basic price UPS

so you think there isn’t an issue with one of the motors right?

What about usps prices though? I’ve shipped ESCs back to China and it did not cost $300.

Definitely looks like some sort of connection issue on the ESC those numbers are really off.

1 Like

looks like an esc issue. switch the motors wires around and rerun detection. see if the issue follows the motor or the esc

hey so I was able to run the motor detection without issue without the remote connected for both motors (swapping the motor wires sides to make sure both the motors worked). I manage to get the drv fault whenever the remote is connected however and I read somewhere that this means the chip on the esc is fried? anyways I think this means the esc is the issue. I think I’ll investigate any options for cheaper shipping since that price mightve been a one off. If nothing works if both the motors respond individually for the detection worst case scenario do you think I’d be fine just dropping in a brand new esc?