Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Is it just me, or are the hall sensor ports flipped?

Ran detection today and got a bad detection, checked the pinouts from my motor sensor wires and it’s all flipped :joy:

1 Like

hi,You need to wire according to the logo on the ESC

Not new. I have heard these are unreliable at the stated specs, so they don’t market them here or on their website, only through resellers.
Hope that @YUTW123 can shed some light on it, but he didn’t respond the last time I tagged him and asked.

Also, didn’t get to test out my dual minis before the holiday. As usual, bit off more than I could chew at the time, and didn’t get things wrapped for a test ride.

January it is.

Had my v4 dual on test bench canbused to Fs4.12 dual testing quad setup with 4. Motors. So far I have been impressed with its performance metr pro shows it to be more stable. I am keen to try out the ver 6 based makerX I have to resolve the missing antispark switch order they are slow to resolve.

1 Like

Just received mine but it’s the old heatsink version :frowning:

1 Like

Old 1 actually slightly better in heat dissipation :joy::joy: im still waiting for my 4.12 retro, shipped out on 31dec but till now tracking dont have any information :joy:

Alright lads, I’ve come seeking the advices of the hive mind. My MakerX V4 dual is going in my upcoming build. The current plans include: evolve dkp trucks, Racestar 5065 140KV motors, TB 160mm pneumatics and of course my MakerX ESC. Gear ratio is 15/62. Planning on running 12S, because the top speed is of the given parameters is unacceptable with 10S. The battery is likely gonna be 12S3P 30Q but maybe 30T.

This is where I’m interested for input. This board is getting ridden every day with brutal consistancy, so constant safe operation is a must. How many amps do you think I’m safe pushing, and I mean safe. Battery, I figure 20A/-10 per side. Motor, is 40/-30 possible? Or should I be more conservative. Alternatively, if it’s just not possible to achieve a reasonable amount of power with a good safety factor on 12S, the other possible option, is switching to 200KV racestars and bumping down to 10S thay raises the erpm a little but does lower the possibility exceeding the voltage limit.

Who’s got some input?

1 Like

Has anyone had one of these working with a BKB bluetooth module?

2 Likes

If you charge your battery with 20A, that will def kill it sooner. If you care for your battery don’t exceed 0.5C (or max 1C)

I tried and couldn’t get it to work. The only thing I didn’t try was using the 5v from the ppm port instead of the 3.3v of the uart port.

1 Like

I was going mad trying to get it to work! Did you try any other modules?

@YUTW123 have you had success using bluetooth modules with these?

1 Like

No, I only had a bkb module on hand. I think @visnu777 got a metr module to work tho.

1 Like

Kinda hoping to keep it cheap. Hopefully @YUTW123 can shed some light.

1 Like

Is the pinout the same? Maybe baud rate?

1 Like

Tried flipping tx and rx and made my own connector to suit the pins on the esc so they were right. Baud rate set at 9600 and app settings on ppm and uart.

The module powered up and the ackmaniac app said it was connected, the flashy light on the module went solid, but no telemetry or read write data would happen, just kept saying vesc not connected

Oh right are you running ackmaniac firmware? I think vesc official changed the serial protocol at some point.

2 Likes

No latest vesc firmware

I can’t remember what version the protocol change happened at. But I’m pretty sure ackmaniac won’t work with latest fw. Might be worth trying ack firmware?

2 Likes

Excellent thanks bro, will look into it

1 Like