Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Kinda hoping to keep it cheap. Hopefully @YUTW123 can shed some light.

1 Like

Is the pinout the same? Maybe baud rate?

1 Like

Tried flipping tx and rx and made my own connector to suit the pins on the esc so they were right. Baud rate set at 9600 and app settings on ppm and uart.

The module powered up and the ackmaniac app said it was connected, the flashy light on the module went solid, but no telemetry or read write data would happen, just kept saying vesc not connected

Oh right are you running ackmaniac firmware? I think vesc official changed the serial protocol at some point.

2 Likes

No latest vesc firmware

I can’t remember what version the protocol change happened at. But I’m pretty sure ackmaniac won’t work with latest fw. Might be worth trying ack firmware?

2 Likes

Excellent thanks bro, will look into it

1 Like

https://www.ebmakers.com/products/makerx-dual-drive-v4 :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Just received mine. What hardware-firmware configuration shall I choose on the latest vesc tool 2.0?

I dont want to break anything

I bought this and the maker x remote a month ago and still haven’t received it or a tracking update. Plz respond to my email.

6 Likes

I had to wait almost two months for mine to arrive in EU. I guess it is normal?

1 Like

Yeah so cute and tiny, if you at least have fried it, you could eat it with chopsticks.
“IF” :man_facepalming:

It was two weeks from China to Singapore for me, so I think you’re ok. For many shipments I receive from China, I will get no updates and it will just land on my doorstep one day.

3 Likes

Also, bumped your account so you can message and post as needed. Welcome!

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the same boat. No replies to email but @YUTW123 has managed to come on here and update his thread with purchase links in that time :expressionless:

I understand that it is spring festival and there are serious things happening in China right now, but if you can come here and try and sell more product but you can’t respond to people who have already paid, that’s pretty poor form.

7 Likes

bottom dollar bottom service :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah but readily available options are limited at the moment… and some people aren’t willing to fork out the big bucks… and #fuckflipsky

2 Likes

did you burn those flipsky 4.12s i sold to you

2 Likes

Gave them away after flipsky burned me one too many times.

2 Likes

same, here not replies to my email. TBH i’ve asked him to cancel the order because of the crazy waiting time and i’m yet to hear from him. I hope i dont need to raise the issue with Paypal, it makes no sense.