Madness - 4wd Monster Build

You are like my off-road brother from down unda. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Dremel around and under the best you can to try and tuck it in a bit better then seal it up again. I think it would be fine.

Ugly. But it works :ok_hand:

14 Likes

Mixed some fused silica into epoxy to thicken it up a bit and troweled it on to cover the wires and create some shape.

You can get a really nice consistency with the fused silica, I imagine it’d be great for battle hardening.

11 Likes

HFI :rofl:

7 Likes

Lol fuck that. I’m a hardware man.

3 Likes

Got the glass on, getting pretty keen right now.

14 Likes

How does the long phase wires not worry you? I though that it makes the ESC much more likely to blow

1 Like

If you run 12s everything under 1m will not cause you any big problems. Especially not if you use big wires and route them close to each other.

6 Likes

:man_shrugging: only one way to find out.

4 Likes

AFAIK think long phase wires is safer than long power wires. long power wires can often cause large voltage spikes during re-gen which breaks stuff.

5 Likes

Really enjoying the progress man! This is going to be awesome…

3 Likes

I put an extra layer of resin on to try get a smooth finish… i shouldn’t have :rofl:

Definitely needs a good sand but its not cured enough yet.

17 Likes

Cleaned up epoxy off the ports and sanded to shape with 120 grit. 180 and 240 left to go :dizzy_face: at least the hard work is done, the finer grits are just a rub down.

14 Likes

Great job man!!!

How much does that wood/epoxy/Glass/wire combo weight?

Really productive quarantine. :star_struck:

2 Likes

What’s that bad boy weigh?

2 Likes

@Soflo @Tamatoa not sure what it weighs just yet, but I still have to add a big lump of polyurethane to it so it’s gonna get even heavier :rofl:

I’m expecting the total finished board weight to be at least 27kg :rofl:

4 Likes

At least a thief would have a hard time running away with it. :joy:

4 Likes

Got the urethane in, pigmented it with epoxy pigment so I hope that doesn’t fuck it up or I’m gonna have a big mess on my hands :rofl:

Now i gotta work on pouring an epoxy riser for the davegax as the base plate for it sits up on the wire channels.

10 Likes

Long phase wires is a non-issue, the inductance from the motors is way more. Long battery wires is where problems creep in.

I run 1.5m phase wires from my backpack, you wouldn’t know any different from short ones by how the board performs.

4 Likes