Madness - 4wd Monster Build

You need to get your 3d printer up and running dude :joy:

1 Like

Pro tip, cheers!

@Lee_Wright as handy as the printer is, i do enjoy the struggles of making shit by hand. But remind me again once this epoxy has cured and I’m sure I might be feeling a little differently :rofl:

6 Likes

looks like you had a fun time here :rofl:

1 Like

As fun as it was squirting hot glue everywhere, it’s gonna be much funner trying to get it off with epoxy fucking everywhere :rofl:

3 Likes

These went well. I was always gonna need to do a tidy up and second pass on these, so I’m calling this success.

8 Likes

If you have any silicone caulking around, you can “catalyze” it by mixing in a bit of water/acrylic paint/spit/h20 onto a cup of it and seal any gaps before doing your epoxy. You can peel or slice it off after its set.

2 Likes

Why do you need to catalyze? What is the purpose of adding water?

I would have thought that silicone wouldnt mix at all with any of those things

1 Like

I dunno about water, but I’ve use dishsoap and water to catalyze silicone before the glycerine in the dish soap accelerates the cure process for of 100% pure silicone but I dunno what I’m talking about!

I think this is my favorite build of all time. God damn it I want one.

2 Likes

Yeah if you put silicone in a bucket full of water with dishsoap you can handle the silicone and use it to form molds. But it doesnt mix.

2 Likes

I’m just telling you what I know, Mr. Marshmallow Man! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

20200419_151041

I may have to rename this build…

StayPuft resonates with me.

5 Likes

It’s not truly a catalyzed silicone, most silicone caulk is an RTV system (room temperature vulcanization). It absorbs moisture from the air and sets. By adding water and mixing it in you’re doing that quickly. Same as mixing it in the soapy water. It’s getting h20 from that and jelling quickly and in large amounts. You also make sure it will set all the way through. Epoxy won’t stick to it which is an added bonus. You can tint it and kick it with acrylic paint as well. Loving the build so far man! :metal:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Do a search on silicone and cornflower moulds. Pretty handy little trick for small stuff like this.

3 Likes

Yeah i know how to do them, but not sure how I woulda done it in this case. It needed to conform to the cable mounds protruding from the board… the easiest way in my mind was just to pour it directly on the deck

1 Like

You’re a machine bro !!!
Big Fan of your DIY level :pray:

1 Like

Cheers bro! Need to start working on a new enclosure for it now :rofl:

3 Likes

haha daaaaam …

Good continuation !!! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Why does the deck have a dick…?

6 Likes

Cos it’s a man board.