Madness - 4wd Monster Build

I’m just telling you what I know, Mr. Marshmallow Man! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

20200419_151041

I may have to rename this build…

StayPuft resonates with me.

5 Likes

It’s not truly a catalyzed silicone, most silicone caulk is an RTV system (room temperature vulcanization). It absorbs moisture from the air and sets. By adding water and mixing it in you’re doing that quickly. Same as mixing it in the soapy water. It’s getting h20 from that and jelling quickly and in large amounts. You also make sure it will set all the way through. Epoxy won’t stick to it which is an added bonus. You can tint it and kick it with acrylic paint as well. Loving the build so far man! :metal:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Do a search on silicone and cornflower moulds. Pretty handy little trick for small stuff like this.

3 Likes

Yeah i know how to do them, but not sure how I woulda done it in this case. It needed to conform to the cable mounds protruding from the board… the easiest way in my mind was just to pour it directly on the deck

1 Like

You’re a machine bro !!!
Big Fan of your DIY level :pray:

1 Like

Cheers bro! Need to start working on a new enclosure for it now :rofl:

3 Likes

haha daaaaam …

Good continuation !!! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Why does the deck have a dick…?

6 Likes

Cos it’s a man board.

10 Likes

His phallus is bigger than mine! :sob:

1 Like

Al, do you feel the little bumps for wiring under your feet?

I’s just asking because of your earlier statement about Kaly GasPedals… at first I found the GasPedals a bit weird, but I found positions where I really like them now… they act like little foot stops, with my heal and toe angled and right inside the edge… I move my feet around a lot on my board, and I find it comforting to know I can get my feet in a known position without looking down or fiddling about!..

now… do ya feel the bumps… I’d guess not they seem pretty small and on the foot arch…

1 Like

two penis references in one post… you’re making great strides my man!

2 Likes

Quality takes time.

2 Likes

Yeah bro, just. But its just as I hoped it would be, just a small rise to mimic a W concave. The bits that shoot off to the connectors also behave perfectly as foot stops/locators too.

I originally added the wings before I had ever ridden a Kaly and mimicked the same angle. But after spending some time on the Kaly, I found this angle to be a bit too much so I flattened mine out considerably.

I’m really happy with the way this deck feels underfoot now.

5 Likes

Its getting shiny

19 Likes

Must. Resist.

1 Like

Its alright Johann, i won’t be offended if you call me a deck shiner :rofl:

New title?

3 Likes

If you want it, I’m sure @BillGordon or @Dareno will oblige.

1 Like

Why do you MB lads put everything on the top. It’s not a table.

4 Likes