Made of JB Weld (Serious) (main structure of item made from epoxy)

I got a mount that shifts, it’s a bkb copy I got it off a guy for cheap ages back.
With only one screw for tension and an imperfect fit do you think engine block epoxy could keep it in sturdy place?

PS I got 2 6374s jammed to em :sweat_smile:

This is awesome

3 Likes

I’m confused as to what it is :thinking:

Did you reinforce that area?

Honestly it just looks like JBweld slathered on to me :face_with_monocle:

E: me dumb dumb

1 Like

Mabye he needed to move it?

1 Like

Yep that’s it.

lol…

okay I think I had too many hard things between the heatsink plate on the enclosure and the deck. I started noticing some cracks in the enclosure around the heatsink today, so to get ahead of it and rectify the enclosure I applied JB weld, the pushed fiberglass cloth into it real good and slathered more JB weld on top. I dont know how these things work but I went all out with what I bought today and I’m hoping it works to quell the small cracks that started to appear.

6 Likes

Let it cure 3 days longer than you think it needs to

2 Likes

Bondo is a two-part epoxy, so I’m pretty sure @longhairedboy’s enclosure on his Rona Roller definitely counts here as “made of JB Weld”

Unbelievably awesome.

7 Likes

Can I use jb weld as the epoxy for battle hardening

I wanted to try it on my carvons as I have heard they are prone to magnets breaking

You could have used the search button…

1 Like

Only if all you can see is JB Weld

2 Likes

Come on give me this one

I looked at @Andy87 tutorial on it And he didn’t mention it

But like putting steel in a magnet? Asking for problems so I don’t recommend it

4 Likes

Or you could have looked at Jb Welds description…

2 Likes

Is jb weld magnetic?

I Donte know how much steel content it has?

Go do some reading if you want numbers, but’s it’s a substantial amount

Steel is ferromagnetic even as fine particulates so it will get pulled until it forms an even layer over the magnet, it will make your life hell

2 Likes

i do not personally hold an opinion on the question of whether jb weld is an appropriate two part epoxy for use in conjunction with magnets
2 Likes

No; it has steel in it and will creep over top of the magnets while curing. It’s great for everything else, except for that.

4 Likes

yeah I think this probably counts. Although literally sculpting JB Weld over a form would be the end all be all DIY esk8 feat of godhood. Mine at least has glass fiber fabric in it. Somewhere. Probably not in the best places.

6 Likes

a fuel gauge

7 Likes