Made of JB Weld (Serious) (main structure of item made from epoxy)

High temp jb weld with steel

1 Like

This?

No that’s just a paste. You need the 2 part epoxy.

“JB Weld (8265-S Original Steel)”

3 Likes

Why do I need an epoxy rather then a paste

Also this?

2 Likes

That one doesn’t say high temp. Just trust me, 2 part epoxy is 100000000 times better than any 1 part paste.

Skip to 4:00

6 Likes

Could you link the one I need

Google. https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-Original-Cold-Weld-Reinforced/dp/B07TSRSR51

2 Likes

Amazon.com is useless I need .co.uk

2 Likes

Description says it can handle up to 550 fahrenheit. @Venom121212 must have missed that bit

2 Likes

He sure must have :sweat_smile: My fault for not clicking the link.

3 Likes

Looking for an epoxy to hold some motor mounts in place and not let them move off the truck at all

What do you recommend

4 Likes

Yes this :arrow_up:

But if you’re not in the USA, then go to an auto parts store and get the name-brand engine-block repair 2-part epoxy that has metal powder in it. This will be effectively the same thing.

Mix it 3 times as long as you think you need to mix it, and let it cure multiple days longer than you think you need to, and you will have good results.

Avoid any epoxy that isn’t 2-part (technically a glue and not epoxy) and avoid any epoxy with the word “quick” on the packaging

7 Likes

Ordered one of these

Is this the right thing and how much will I get out of these bottles

Also what should I apply and mix with?

I use toothpicks to mix and qtips to apply :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I use toothpicks to mix and apply. I mix on the bottom of an aluminum dog food tin or aluminum beverage can.

Keep the toothpick and the leftover epoxy. You can poke at it with the toothpick to see how hard the epoxy on your part has gotten – without messing up your part.

6 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6MXK13/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_W8LxEbJTF5FKZ

These are great too

Yeah so I tried it in order to stick a hobbyking mount to the truck however I believe I didn’t apply it I know enough so I think it will just break off under vibration awesome stuff to have at home though

You can also take trash from the garbage can and mix it up on that :wink:

1 Like