Made of JB Weld (Serious) (main structure of item made from epoxy)

@b264 not sure if this counts. It’s only 3 tubes of jbweld original steel along with a plate of steel and a bar of steel

5 Likes

But what is it?

2 Likes

Only the most useful thing I have created to have fun with the kids while still esk8ing :slight_smile:

19 Likes

OMG GOALS charchaf

2 Likes

the%20latest%20board

bummed I cant find my other pics. this is an aluminum filled epoxy, not steel like j and b, but I made a slimmer design and made a couple with a clear resin and swirls or gold Kevlar and carbon in it and with a vacuum it was like a glass marble and looked really nice

I made these with a three part silicone mold the hanger would go into then id pour it. vacuum the mold with the hanger and resin in then let it set in a pressure pot for the full blem free translucence. the most complex casting ive ever done

17 Likes

/thread

Thanks for coming.

5 Likes

found one.
actually it was a two part mold for this and a mother mold

found a bunch of old pics…miss my old crap hole of a place. just some random pics

16 Likes

Is that oatmeal and cheerios?

4 Likes

pre-girlfriend lifestyle. extra dirty with gnarly meals that lay around till hungry, and you pick the batteries off.

12 Likes

@hummieee Are those headway? I’ve been thinking of buying some for a build in the future

1 Like

yea the red HP ones like you show I think. pretty cool screw terminals and at that price a great deal. great deal. if they’re real, which probably are. ive never had them though and this isn’t my board just one I thought was really nice like 6 years ago

4 Likes

Yeah I’m a discussion for the past weeks with alarmhookup. Only problem I found is that the only possible way of getting these is buying used. No one has them new and that scares me a bit.

4 Likes

@hummieee you’ve just dropped the mic.

I love this.

5 Likes

Bruv. You got something on your nose…

1 Like

No, I actually think it’s badass :smiley:

2 Likes

This has so much meme potential

10 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

There is a definite H.R. Giger feel in that last pic :smile:

Edit: tht would not look out of place on a Borg

4 Likes

ever potted an esc to the deck? Im so tempted to, and with heatsinks on all the fets. a thermally conductive resin. be nice to have it part of the deck. I don’t think vibrations are a common cause of escs breaking but be cool especially if a clear resin. is that a full potting you did just above or you consider that more a coating? hard to see. a mold you could put your esc and heatsinks in and then pour and voila out the other end comes a rock you could throw.

6 Likes